Condom Catheter Supplier and Other Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good condom catheter supplier? The online guys want at least $1.50 per catheter for the Rochester Wide Bands.
Also, bought an unbalanced light monkey w/ the quick disconnect from DRIS. I read that you can just dive with it open and that will prevent squeeze.

Lastly, to flush out the tube, will diluted rubbing alcohol work, or is that too harsh for the materials?

And...does anyone do anything with the tube inside the drysuit, like tape it to it? Do you leave the tube in when you store the suit or do you remove it. I roll my suit, which seems like it would be bad for the tube.

Thanks,

I use vitality medical for my catheter supplies. Its a little less than $2 a catheter, but i can get my order in less than 2 days.

Dont know about the unbalanced but i dive my balanced catheter open so as not to have to deal with the screw during the dive.

As for cleaning, don't use rubbing alcohol it will ruin the seals and rubber, use vinegar. Peel the catheter off and pour the vinegar down the catheter. Do this after every dive and you should avoid a UTI.

As for the tube mine is glued in on the opening of the suit, it hangs free in the suit ( no taping) and i fold my suit before i store it in its bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought an extra quick disconnect that goes to the cath and put a garden hose connector on it. High low water flushing and blowing out with air is all I do... no chemicals. I have not had a problem but blowing out with air seems prudent to prevent mold growth.

Last edited:
The Saint Louis Lighthouse for the Blind seems to be the cheapest, at about $1.25 each when you buy boxes of 100.

An unbalanced P valve is basically a tube, and a block of delrin. The tubing probably says on the side something like norprene, fuel hose tubing. It's pretty durable stuff, I've been using rubbing alcohol to clean mine for years without issue. I just use whatever is handy. 70% isopropyl alcohol, regular white vinegar, listerine, if I don't have anything then water is better than nothing--as they say, "the solution to pollution is dilution," I think I just read that on here the other day and probably in reference to a similar question. I rinse after a dive and then again before the next dive, if they are more than about an hour apart--ie, if I ever disconnect the hose. One UTI was enough to convince me I never want that again.

As far as the bolt, if you dive with it out, keep it very, very handy. I carry a spare bolt, and no, I'm not sure where the spare bolt came from. One day I just realized, I have two of them in my wetnotes book...

And yes, just leave the hose flopping around in the suit, no need to tape it or anything. The tubing is thick walled stuff, rolling the suit shouldn't harm it.

From Lighthouse for the Blind:

Product Catalog
Product Family:

Thanks for the care and use tips. And thanks for the supplier link, that's a great price for a box of 100. Just saved me about $40.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom