xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am new to this thread and didn't want to read through the whole thing. So TecDiveGear started selling this on 7/26/2013, took orders from buyers, and til today, 5/19/2104, there is no delivery?? did I understand this right?

A few people have received them. Nowhere near the 800/month or whatever it was they are claiming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I believe it was pre-orders (i.e. got in line), and people didn't pay money upfront, IIRC.

Hmm, I guess if they didn't take money from buyers, that isn't that bad. Too many company out there announced a product but never delivered or got cancelled. However, since the pre order period lasted so long, it is only reasonable if when TDG is really ready to ship, and before they do, they should email/call pre-order buyer to make sure they still want it. It is the least they should do in this kind of situation.

I wonder what is the official response from TDG.

Hmm, I guess if they didn't take money from buyers, that isn't that bad. Too many company out there announced a product but never delivered or got cancelled. However, since the pre order period lasted so long, it is only reasonable if when TDG is really ready to ship, and before they do, they should email/call pre-order buyer to make sure they still want it. It is the least they should do in this kind of situation.

I wonder what is the official response from TDG.

Read the last half of the thread and you'll find their many hilarious official responses.

Read the last half of the thread and you'll find their many hilarious official responses

Agreed. Turns out that the problem was their customers. Our annoying attitude of expecting them to tell the truth and owning up to issues of their own doing was much more than they could handle so the best solution was to hide until we all went away. (AKA ostrich in the sand approach). Well guess what? They succeeded. Many have gone away, bought other devices and...all for the better. You see, it appears that we've been waiting for a lemon all along.

I want to know why it's "BLOCKED!!!" at all. The damn thing's supposedly a trimix capable dive computer...it should never go into ERR mode.

Or maybe I've just been spoiled by tech like Shearwaters and Atomics, which will tell you when you've done something stupid but will continue to make a best efforts attempt to provide you with helpful deco information.

I want to know why it's "BLOCKED!!!" at all. The damn thing's supposedly a trimix capable dive computer...it should never go into ERR mode.

Or maybe I've just been spoiled by tech like Shearwaters and Atomics, which will tell you when you've done something stupid but will continue to make a best efforts attempt to provide you with helpful deco information.

I agree, a computer that locks up during a dive because of going past some limit is just plain dumb. However, I believe the "locking" issue being discussed is due to a bug and not a feature. In other words, it isn't supposed to happen and needs to be fixed.

The post on Facebook that photo came from also explains that it locks after surfacing when a deco stop has been missed, not that it's locking underwater. They also say they plan to add the ability to disable locking in v3.0

I agree, a computer that locks up during a dive because of going past some limit is just plain dumb. However, I believe the "locking" issue being discussed is due to a bug and not a feature. In other words, it isn't supposed to happen and needs to be fixed.

After looking at the FB thread linked above, this seems to be a separate feature from the TMX lock-up bug mentioned earlier. Apparently the computer knows better than you do whether you should be using it for 48 hours after you get out of the water before it thinks you should. That's just dumb:censored: programming there.

So nice of them to say they'll maybe get to changing it...not in the next update, but maybe the one after that.

Dear friends,
BLACK will not BLOCK at any time during the dive even if you miss all decompression stops.
It will all the way to the surface try what it was design for - getting you out safely and healthy out of your dive.

BLACK will lock out though if you don't finish your decompression at any shape and exit the water.

Please ask if there is anything else.
Everybody have an awesome day !

A few people have received them. Nowhere near the 800/month or whatever it was they are claiming.

Few hundreds (talking about US market here) have received them and next few dozens shipped out yesterday and today including some of the dealers orders.

Have a special day !

Back
Top Bottom