New to Central FL, need to find the right LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarysa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I just moved here about a month ago, and I feel like a foreigner with my gear...heh. I live about 30mi north of Tampa. Most of my tanks are double HP steel which is silly for local ocean diving, but that's not where I intend to use them. But I guess it should be no surprise that the shops around the NPR coast don't really have much experience with them. Two of my three sets were out of vis when I got here and I found a place that'd be willing to do the vis but they required oxygen due to their method of blending. They say all the local shops are the same in this regard.
They also had no clue how to fill the set. I'm also getting the impression that disassembly/assembly of the doubles was a learning/refresher experience for them, which means I'll probably have to have the new LDS check their work.

I don't remember what method my old LDS used, but they certainly didn't require O2 cleaning every vis.

Anyway, I'm a bit at a loss here. Being at the southern tip of cave country and near a major metropolitan area, there has to be a relatively close (<=25mi) dive shop that's used to dealing with doubles and has premixes, or other methods that don't require O2 cleaning for back gas tanks. I just have no idea where it is...

Everyone in that area will be PPBlending. You could go up to Bird's in Crystal River, they do tons of cave stuff so will be familiar with the doubles and they have premix so no O2 clean needed.

Everyone in that area will be PPBlending. You could go up to Bird's in Crystal River, they do tons of cave stuff so will be familiar with the doubles and they have premix so no O2 clean needed.

These are THE Cave Experts, visit birdsunderwater.com for their info. Bill and Dianne have been cave diving for over 20 years and are great people to know. Welcome to the area.

Check out Underwater Adventures in Leesburg, FL
Jim Calvin will take good care of you. 352-787-0760

400 W. Magnolia Street
Leesburg, FL 34748

birds underwater i would say woud be your best choose in the area they can do everything from nitrox to tri mix nitrox on the back and can as well a custom blends they also have a local hydro guy i have lp 104s i know they use doubles bill also teaches all your tec courses if your in the new port richey area they are worth the trip they are real down to earth people who will treat you right

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom