Hello from Minneapolis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JenFid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all - my husband and I plus a good friend decided to get certified this year. I'm the only person out of my mom/dad/brother who isn't certified, while his mom/dad/uncle/grandpa are all certified too, so we decided not to be left out! I have done a couple of "discovery" dives previously in Kauai and Aruba and loved it.

We did our pool dives back in October and are doing our open water dives May 17th/18th for our certifications, then the weekend after we're heading to Exumas for a week with my family. Really excited to go diving down there.

The short-term plan after we get certified is to dive some lakes around here, do a dry-suit orientation, and perhaps starting next summer, dive some wrecks up in Superior :)

If anyone in the Twin Cities area has some tips for us we'd love to hear them!

Howdy and welcome to SB! :admingreet: Sorry for being late, but I just came across you post.

Be sure to post on your local forum here too. :wink:

Welcome to the wonderful world of diving! There are quite a few of local divers. We dive all year long, some of the best local diving is under the ice. The vis goes from 3' in the summer time to 20' in the winter time! We are diving Isle royale again this summer, incredible wreck diving!

Thanks all! We actually just finished our last 2 open water cert dives this afternoon, woo! Water was 53 degrees, but those 7mm wetsuits kept us warmer than I was initially expecting. We were in Square Lake in Stillwater...not the best of visibility that's for sure!

Brrrr!

Hello from Chaska. :)

Were you per chance part of the Northland Scuba group that was doing OWs this weekend? I tend to hang around their Eden Prairie shop more than my own home...

Nah we were with Aquaventure out of Brooklyn Park/Maple Grove. I was wondering which shop that other group was with!
I can relate, we've come to know the people at Aquaventure quite well, lol!

If you were at Square, it's likely there were a few groups out. Scuba Center, Midwest, and others have groups there all the time too...and I think at least a couple of those had opens this weekend too. That site gets a ton of use. :)

Back
Top Bottom