GBR or Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bali for sure! From Amed I get the boat over to the Gilli's, very easy. Mirkos( Secret Garden) is full of turtles, great dive site. Gilli Air is nice! Komodo dive centre is great in Komodo, they have dive sites for beginners, you should try and get there!

We now have a resident school of jacks close to where the white tip reef sharks reside at Tanjung Sari in Padangbai. Bias Tugel currently has a school of barracudas.
. I have not seen jack fish or barracudas on the wreck for a while. I have spotted the jacks north of the wreck towards the top of the reef. Also heard you could see a large school at Jemeluk bay in Amed. Guess they had to relocate after being scared by the sheer amount of divers...

i did a 3-day lob in gbr, i was a bit disappointed (it wasn't mike ball's though). i'll take bali any day, actually. the gbr is massive and huge, but it really lacked the diversity i'm used to seeing in indonesia.

Go very early in the morning on the wreck in Tulamben so you can enjoy the bump heads without a lot of people there!

Gbr and Osprey seemed devoid of many fish at all when I did a week... except for cod hole. Thats a lovely site. Since then I only dive mainly in Indonesia... for better fish school activity and macro diversity. Bali has excellent macro..

Which part of the wreck are they housed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are not 'housed' in any part of the wreck, but prefer to drift past in the shallows before the site gets too busy.

Any place I should go for food when I am at tulamben?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2014 at 11:34 AM ----------

Any horse riding too? Or it will be at Nusa dua?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were in shallow part of wreck...very cool...I thought it one of the best nite dives too..btw..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom