SB Keyword Notifications now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
If you want to stay connected to your favorite keywords, you can now subscribe through your usercp to your favorite keywords and receive an email when a new post is made containing your keyword list.

To utilize this, just click on UserCP and then "General Settings" http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to "Messaging and Notification" settings and at the bottom of that section is the box.

keywords.jpg

Last edited:
Cool new feature, I'm glad you implemented it. Thanks!

The instructions refer to "For a regex match, use forward slashes as a PCRE delimiter."

What does that mean?

regex = regular expression
PCRE = Perl compatible regular expression
Perl = a scripting language

Useful for the cognoscente, but beyond me.

You just made that up, right?

The "beyond me" part, yes.

Regular expressions are a syntax for pattern matching. Powerful, but about as far from intuitive as you can get.

Many thanks, Howard. Very helpful feature. Look forward to see what it brings up

Perhaps the instructions could be translated into every-day English--or hidden?

Works swimmingly. Almost too many notifications. Even if my Default Thread Subscription Mode: is weekly, i get the notifications continuosly. Is there a way to get the notifications weekly that i am missing?
thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom