Sherwood Wisdom HP hose for QD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuma1720

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Wisdom Computer with a quick disconnect kit. Problem is the HP hose has gone bad (leaking air) and needs relacement. I have inquired but two separate shops have advised that the hose can not be replaced on its own, but rather I have to buy a new QD kit.
Just can't believe that a hose cannot be purchased on its own.

I was considering it but thought that acquiring the hose alone would be less. Not sure if Sherwood sells just the hose alone without the QD adapter. There is a tool to remove the adapter.

My husband and i have had both our hoses go this year. Rather than pay $$$ for new quick connect hoses, we have opted to have them connected perm to a high pressure hose. Much cheaper!

Where is it leaking from and can you show a picture of the area that is leaking. How old is the hose?

Well I went to my LDS today and they hooked up my setup and noticed that my Wisdom 2 QD hose is leaking in a few places. Just very small pinhole leaks but leaks just the same. I have exactly 50 dives on the hose and computer! I've owned a Suunto computer for 20 yrs with no problem of leaks from the hose. What's with the Sherwood hoses? I was quoted $120 to replace the hose. Not what I want to pay after a few hundred dollars for the computer and only 50 dives. Is this a common problem?

If it helps, i had the same problem with the hose (after less than 2 yrs). Solution: went to my LDS, replaced the HOSE period. They had the special tool to remove the QD. COST: less than $40.

Back
Top Bottom