NASDS/FAUI certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brig5377

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Anybody know what has/is happening to NASDS/FAUI?

I am NASDS/FAUI certified, but can't find any info on it. I haven't dived foe a couple of years & want to start up again.

Thanks

I don't know FAUI but NASDS in the U.S. merged with SSI about a decade? ago. SSI Scuba Schools International

A quick google search finds:

FAUI | Internationally Recognised Diver Qualifications

Proud History of FAUI

Since the early 1960's our name has changed a number of times. We started as NQS (National Qualification System) and changed to FAUI (Federation of Australian Underwater Instructors) in the 1970's, eventually merging with NASDS - USA (National Association of Scuba Diving Schools) becoming NASDS Australasia Inc in the 1980's. Since then, for a number of reasons, NASDS Australasia Inc faded from view to the disappointment of many people involved in this quality diver training system. Scuba Com Pty Ltd is now funding the regeneration of FAUI with a slight name change to “Formation of Australian Underwater Instructors”.

Both should be recognized by dive shops. As you haven't dived in a few years, best beat feet to a refersher session - many shops will require something like this to get back in the water.

Welcome back to the wonderful underwater world!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom