Warning - bonaire theft - warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread had been bumped to honor the long standing theft issue on Bonaire ;-)

I forgot to ask back when this theft happened, but were the steps stolen the up stairs, or the down stairs? There always seemed to be a lot more steps going up after the dive than there were going down, so if the theft shortened the return trip it might not be such a bad thing.

You idiots, this is a Dutch Island, the stones refer to 1000 METRIC steps. The metric number has to be multiplied by 0.063 in order to obtain the North American equivalent.

The original name, before the tourism bureau marketing people changed it, was "1 Kilostep".

Im confused were the steps stolen in metric or standard?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You idiots, this is a Dutch Island, the stones refer to 1000 METRIC steps. The metric number has to be multiplied by 0.063 in order to obtain the North American equivalent.
Awesome.:D

Back
Top Bottom