Fossil hunting lights/helmet lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually my helmet is modeled after Mikes,he's one of my dive buddies.j2s I beg to differ , I definitely believe the 1100 lumin lights are better, but I guess it depends on where you're diving and the vis of the water where you dive. At any rate you DO NOT have to spend a fortune.

Not sure where you guys do your fossil dives, assume the Cooper and other rivers. Here in the gulf off Venice lights are seldom used. If the water is turbid, a strong light is like driving with your night beams on in the fog. Can't believe the situation is different in a muddy river.

I was at the LDS the other day talking about going fossil hunting with them one day. They were advising a light with a price tag around 580. I won't be purchasing that, so I was going to get some ideas on what the "pros" are using. Post up what you got and maybe a pic of a helmet setup.

I don't know what kind of helmet that you have, but when I used to dive commercial we used to take Pelican lights and secure them to the top hand bar with pipe straps, also we would use high powered lights that would need a generator. Try some commercial divers supply stores. Divers Supply in Louisiana is a good one that I used to use all the time. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom