Whale sharks end of Sep. North or south?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissDoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I've confused myself reading all the threads on here and everywhere. Is there more chance of whalesharks in the north atolls or south at the end of September? Looking for land based diving. Any advice will be massively appreciated!!!!!

Hi all,
Hiya
Check out a company called Maldives Scuba Tours (now known as Worldwide Scuba Tours); whilst the majority of their guests book the liveaboards trips they also offer island resort holidays.

We've been going to the Maldives for the last 15yrs and using MST for 9yrs - they've been operating out there for 25yrs and they really do know their 'stuff'. Check out their website and take a look at the Trip Reports, they are from the safari trips but you'll get a good idea of where the action has been.

If you have any specific Q's then give them a call and they will go all out to assist and help find you that perfect Maldivian holiday; no I don't work for them but I'm passionate about the Maldives and excellent service and with MST you get their passion of the Maldives at well as excellent service!

All of the resort islands will have a website and check out the feedback on the diving element side of things

One of our best island trips was to White Sands; some fantastic dive sites and where I saw my 1st Whale Shark.....awesome.....and then to be on a the last dive of this holiday with just my partner, dive guide, 1 solitary Lion Fish and 15 Mantas that put on a truly magical performance for best part of 45/50 mins was something else

I'm sure that whichever island you pick you will have a fantastic Maldivian experience along with some fantastic dives
Dive safe
Vicky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom