durable balanced second stage and not expensive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ATX 50 is no longer made and the SP R195 is not balanced.

You can still get the ATX40 and DS4. I bought two in January for £150 each. All the reg you will ever need.

You can still get the ATX40 and DS4. I bought two in January for £150 each. All the reg you will ever need.

You got hosed. Dolphin Scuba was selling on ebay 2 ATX-40s, 1 DS4, and some gauges for $349.00. That is a great deal and I was tempted to buy a set. That being said, the question is availability. Just because AL sells something in the UK (or the US) doesn't mean they sell it in the rest of the world.

$349 is ~£210, so the price isn't far out. And I got them from my LDS so didn't need to pay postage and import duties from the US, which could easily add £100 to the price.

I agree with you about availability though. Apeks are probably the most common reg used in the UK, a combination of quality, suitability, availability and price make them a very good choice but I don't often see them elsewhere unless a British diver has brought them with him (or her)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom