Post a picture of your dive boat...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCBC, Those are great to dive from. I love rolling back off the sides. They were common when I was in Greece and also a few operators use them in Hawaii.

DCBC, Those are great to dive from. I love rolling back off the sides. They were common when I was in Greece and also a few operators use them in Hawaii.

I suppose out here (North Atlantic), another type of boat would be more ideal. I wanted to get out to sea and back as quickly as possible and RIBs do heavy waves and bad weather fairly well. It's not uncommon to lose fishing boats because of the conditions here. If you're more than 20 miles offshore in an open boat, it's not the time to be taking chances...

I wished that I had a cabin (especially in the colder weather) but the combination of speed and the ability to take heavy water is hard to come by. There was probably a better choice, but I was happy with it. I suppose when you start to get older, you stick with what you know. There were some advantages; on the few occasions where the surface was calm, it could really scat... :)

Here's my gal. She's a 45' Novi style.

enuba3ut.jpg

-Tom

The point being that in Europe things just don't work like you would expect them to. I would love to have a 2nd hand zodiac but that would require someone to be selling a 1st hand zodiac.... People over here just don't have that kind of toys. In Europe, 2nd hand zodiacs are about as rare as mountain climbing Broncos..... LOL

R..

We sold one of our club RIBs a couple of years ago, we asked £6k and got it with no haggling which leads me to think it was cheap.

4608274270.jpg

We still have another two, a 6m Tornado with a 150hp Honda outboard, and a 5m Tornado with a 115hp outboard. They don't get used nearly as much as they should

boat1.jpgboat3.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of our boat. She's a 33' North American custom dive boat. Check out more pics of her on the Facebook page in my signature.

Cheers

D090620A_2088.jpgTLS.jpg

We sold one of our club RIBs a couple of years ago, we asked £6k and got it with no haggling which leads me to think it was cheap.

Oh God.... £6k for a used, faded, zodiac that's 1/2 the size you really want...... For that price used you really want a twin 100 that can carry 8 divers.

R..

Dr. Bill, did your first boat called Eleufheria? Great choice for a name (Eleftheria = Freedom in Greek)!

Oh God.... £6k for a used, faded, zodiac that's 1/2 the size you really want...... For that price used you really want a twin 100 that can carry 8 divers.

R..

We could fit 8 divers on that RIB, as long as they were really good friends :wink:

Back
Top Bottom