Inon Lens Mounts Changeable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archiebald

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,
I have invested in the Inon LD series for close up and wide angle lenses. The LD bayonet system so far has a limited camera compatibility and I am wondering if there is the possibility to convert the following lenses; UCL-165LD, UWL-H100LD to another mount such as the AD mount or 67mm.

I have taken a close look at my lenses and can see that the bayonet ring is retained onto the main body of the lens by 6 easily removable screws. It kind of makes me think that Inon designed them to have identical lenses with changeable mounts.

I have studied the images on Inon's home page and see that several of the lenses are identical apart from the mount.

i.e. the UWL-100 28M67 lens looks virtually identical to the UWL-H100LD

They do have a couple of specific adapters but none that cover what I am looking to do. Also, I realize that it is not just the mount but the optics have to be compatible as well - I am just trying to expand my possible camera choice should a need arise.

Any experiences?

I do not recommend leaving the LD mount, the wide angle lens is heavy in water and changing to M67 will mean not changing the lens in water.

Conversion of the UWL-H100 can happen by buying the M67 screw ring set for UWL-H100 type 2 (or type 1 if you have an ikelite or olympus housing)

The UCL-165LD can be converted with the fix LDF-M67 Pro or Nauticam LD-M67 adapter. (if you change housing to M67 you need to buy one of those two anyway). This works out quite expensive so you may want to sell the lens on ebay and change it for something else

Again changing from LD to M67 is a BAD BAD BAD idea but do what you think you prefer the choice is there

Thanks guys for the feedback. This is useful stuff.

I understand the benefits of the LD bayonet, especially for the UWL-100 because, man that thing be chunky. Just want to expand my options a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom