Port St. Joe Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhlampe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Daly's Dock and Dive Center. I'm going to be in the Port St. Joe area later in the summer and won't have the time to drive all the way somewhere like Panama City. Any positive or negative experiences? How is the diving in the area? I was also thinking about taking my nitrox class with them so any testimonials about their instructors are appreciated?

Thanks!

Been in the store a few times but have not been out on a charter with them, rented some gear from them several years ago did not have any problems with anything. Seems like good people, but PSJ does not allow for a lot of options. Done some snorkeling in the bay out from St. Joseph State park(beach and bay), not much off the beach that I have found except a pocket of sun glasses out from the sand bar once. In the bay lots of urchins and have run into a few smaller sharks ( have caught several by accident in the 4 foot range while fishing in the bay.) Will be down in PSJ first week of May myself with the family - probably will not be taking my tanks - just a family trip.
In July its always busy when scallop season opens up - something to think about depending on when you are down there.

Maps show a few wrecks in the bay - working on an older boat that I can take down to be able to investigate further. bay is pretty shallow and until you get back into the backwater is fairly clear - gets murky and tannic the further back you get towards blacks island etc.

Thanks for the response. I will be renting some gear so it is good to know you didn't have any issues. From their website, it looks like they head out to some of those wrecks you mentioned: Dive Sites | Daly?s Dock & Dive

I'll be there in July but staying with friends that live in the area.

I dove with them last week. Good experience, nice crew. The boat could use a bit longer ladder. Their boat is nice, it's a Fast RHIB. I dove the Sherman and Vamar, they were both good dives. I would recommend diving with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom