Awesome vis at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did our ow there in 92, viz was 10 feet at best

up here, the local charter boat captain just threw out an invite to go "iceberg diving". The lake is almost completely open, and the marina is clear in his area. The plan is to go out on the lake to the edge of the ice, and dive it. Clarity right now is unbelievable.....

stuff like your footage makes it hard to not consider....

Funny thing, once you are in for a while it's fine. The guy that I am talking with at the end turned out to be a member of our local dive club! We just stood there chatting about cave diving for so long, that we didn't even notice everyone else leaving after the traditional ten minute swim...

I'll trust you on that!

Did our ow there in 92, viz was 10 feet at best

Viz has improved over time. I believe the Zebra mussels have aided the situation. Of course you still have students stirring up the silt and then all bets are off.

Please. We were wearing DRY SUITS.

If you really want "Ack"... check out what I did THIS sunday:

[VIMEO]92473633[/VIMEO]

hahaha...nono...the "Ack" was about you having answered the questions after I asked it....as in "ack, foiled by technology again!..." haha

Since I work on shift work, I wait till they are open all week. Wednesday and Thursdays are often very good viz, 30+, once the weekend fog has settled. Also has the advantage of very little crowd.

Since I work on shift work, I wait till they are open all week. Wednesday and Thursdays are often very good viz, 30+, once the weekend fog has settled. Also has the advantage of very little crowd.

NONONONO. Don't go on Weds the viz is crap! 2' at best. Believe me it gets worse in the middle of the week and clears up at the weekend. Yes, yes its true. True I tell you! Stay outta my way on [-]Wednesdays[/-] uh... the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom