Where to stay when your friends don't dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I would plan on the Palace. I would recommend the Intercontinental, but you would be way more than you would want. At least with the Palace they can travel (cab ride) down to the beach whenever they desire. I just love their accommodations and excellent service. It's always my choice with the non-diving wife and family.

You need to start an information campaign with your friends.

I already know what my friends are looking for.

I am looking for input from other SB'ers who have stayed at other locations in Cozumel. Based on this input I'll weigh that against the "all might want list" of the group. Hoping to find something that meets the middle of the road. Worse case is I go to Cozumel and they go somewhere else. :wink:

I already know what my friends are looking for.

I am looking for input from other SB'ers who have stayed at other locations in Cozumel. Based on this input I'll weigh that against the "all might want list" of the group. Hoping to find something that meets the middle of the road. Worse case is I go to Cozumel and they go somewhere else. :wink:

Then there is no perfect place. Even if someplace with the Aura complex approaches the Palace, the ironshore in the water may be a turn-off.

Personally I would plan on the Palace. I would recommend the Intercontinental, but you would be way more than you would want. At least with the Palace they can travel (cab ride) down to the beach whenever they desire. I just love their accommodations and excellent service. It's always my choice with the non-diving wife and family.
A least to me, there's a big convenience difference between walking down to the beach with just key card in hand versus having to take a taxi somewhere. Why stay at an all-inclusive if you have to taxi from the property in order to enjoy your vacation?

If the crowds, cacophony, congestion, car exhaust, and concrete of the city is a big draw, by all means stay at the Palace. Or just have your friends go to Manhattan, where it's an easy subway ride to the nearest beach. Otherwise, the southern AIs not only have beaches, but a serene island feel that makes you feel like you're in the Caribbean instead of downtown Miami. Cab rides to town, if necessary, aren't too expensive for a group of 4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom