Anyone ever swam with sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen sharks on dives at Cozumel, & Hawaii, really wasn't looking for them. Would like to see more.

And don't worry about being considered crazy. Sharks are protected by political correctness. If anyone says "sharks bite people," majority will smell blood and try to prove themselves open-minded by mercilessly e-bashing that person. In the world of internet forums, it takes a lot more craziness to say "sharks bite people" than to say "I want to swim with sharks."

P.S I do swim with sharks. Both kinds i.e. the ones in the ocean and the ones that log on here :D

Not sure where you live but you can simply go to Florida. Go diving in the Jupiter/Palm Beach area and you'll see plenty of sharks.

Going to Florida in May, and the thought of finally getting to see sharks has me totally stoked.

Swam with Whale Sharks at Cozumel. Great experience. (not the boat ride though, make sure you go out with good weather).

we have done that dive at Bega Lagoon. What an amazing experience. At 90+ feet there is option to bail out. you are committed but after a few moments you get hypnotized by all the large Jacks, Bull Sharks, Lemon Sharks and yes the occasional Tiger. we missed the 16 foot tiger just the day before our dive. Damn!

Greg Walker
Maui Scooter Divers
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

And don't worry about being considered crazy. Sharks are protected by political correctness. If anyone says "sharks bite people," majority will smell blood and try to prove themselves open-minded by mercilessly e-bashing that person. In the world of internet forums, it takes a lot more craziness to say "sharks bite people" than to say "I want to swim with sharks."

Hmmm... I've dived with sharks for 45 years (first 7 years was in freshwater) and I've only been bitten by one once. I tried to reposition a small (18") horn shark for a better camera angle and the poor thing got ticked off, swam up to my chest and tried to gum me through the wetsuit. I laughed so hard the regulator fell out of my mouth. Even the 14' great white that swam past me on one dive didn't do that.

We "always" see sharks on the t&c explorer. Most dives at least. Mainly reef sharks. They are like dogs in a park. They cruise back and forth, some zoom up to you. All lose interest fairly quickly.

They all act natural as there is no feeding or chumming going on.

On 1 dive (just once) thee was a report of a hammerhead sighting. Not by me :(

I'm going on a dive in a few days off the coast of NC that supposedly has lots of sand tiger sharks. I'm pretty pumped about it. Hopefully I'll have some video to show off...and all my arms and legs.

I don't think anyone has mentioned diving with the Thresher Sharks on Malapascua in the Philipines. I haven't been there but hopefully for my next trip. I've also heard that Shark Airport at Tubbataha in the Philippines is top notch...again, haven't been there....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom