Bare SB Drysuits back in production

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefvagabond

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought my Bare Drysuit at the end of 2011. It had the delamination problem which led to the recall on SB suits. Bare sent me a loaner which I have used since about May of this year. Today I got a call from Bare telling me the suits are going to be going back into production and asking me if there were any changes I might want for my new suit. I was told the suit is being made in one of their European plants and I should not expect it for about 10 weeks.

This whole experience has been sometimes frustrating but a big kudos to Bare for their warranty and loner I've been diving this year. Today I am happy and looking forward to getting my new SB Drysuit!

That is good to hear.
My suit has started to delaminate as well.

I'll be bringing it in to the shop this week.

Anyone got the new SB yet for impressions?

Any updates?

Get your new suit yet?

Well, my LDS says that my SB drysuit is back - "fixed" not replaced.

Not sure how you fix delamination?

No open water here for a few weeks...I'll see how it goes in May.

I sent my SB back because the zipper cover delaminated. They sent it back with glue leaking out around the flap and looking as though a six year old had done the "repair" they sent me parts I did not order and not the parts I did order. I informed them of my disappointment, I was told that the message would be passed along to the manager in charge but nothing was ever done and I am left wondering if this is how they treat someone who buys their top of the line products how do they treat people who buy their entry level line? I pray that their are no more problems because they have really failed to impress me so far...

I've got 6 dives on my remade Bare SB Drysuit. The new suit is much LESS stretchy than the old one. It barely stretches now. Bare officially still does not support pockets or p-valves with the SB despite it barely stretching.

Less stretchiness may be necessary to prevent delamination but it sort of defeats the purpose of the suit. I'm still much more streamlined in this suit than say a TLS which is nice I guess, but I'd rather have pockets. The suit is new but so far so good, no delamination. My original one was delaminating after the first dive.

I dove my original sb for a year and always ended the dive a little wet. I loved this suit because of the comfort but the leaks finally got bad enough that I brought it back to Bare. They gave me a Nexgen loaner that I hated, but it was a free loaner. It took them a full year to replace the suit with a new one. The new suit was supposed to have 2inch longer legs and arms but was built 1 inch instead of 2. The material does not stretch like the full stretch suit I paid a lot of money for! To top it off, I have only 4 dives on the replacement and have come up wet every time! I am very frustrated and disappointed. I do not want to wait another year to get this sorted out. I have paid a lot of money to get a top of the line suit and the replacement is leaking more than the original recalled one. Is anybody having any better luck with there SB,or does SB really stand for SOGGY BOTTOM suit.

Sounds like I am better off not returning my original SB and continue to wonder when it is going to have a catastrophic failure or at least wait for the third generation. Very disappointing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom