Little Cayman March 2014 Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlenElectronic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just back from Little Cayman Island. Second time staying at Little Cayman Beach resort and diving with Reef Divers. Can't say enough about this place. They are an excellent dive operation and the facilities, staff, food and bar all just great. You really cant go wrong getting the full plan that includes all diving (3 boat dives a day) and the complete meal plan.

The video represents 5 full days of diving on the Bloody Bay wall. As usual, the Groupers are like puppy dogs and follow you around......some wanting to rub up against you. Only saw a couple of Lion Fish which either means they are doing a great job of hunting them or they are hiding in the depths until night fall. The reefs are in excellent condition and fish population is good. Also dove the wreck MV Capt. Keith Tibbets (really Russian Frigate 356) off Cayman Brac.

Video: shot with Light & Motion Bluefin housing, fathom 90 and 145 lenses, Sony HDR-CX550V camera. No lights (although I have L&M Solas, I prefer to shoot with ambient light and white balance on very regular basis). NLE used is Sony Vegas Pro 11. As you can tell, having the sun behind you or directly overhead makes a huge difference in the color quality. Shooting early in the morning or late afternoon with the sun at an angle blows the color and saturation out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xMFM6fDQy8

Thanks. Music is by Tycho. Credit given at end of video. Songs are; Hours, Coastal Brake, Daydreamer & Elegy.

Your video makes me want to book a trip there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom