Looking for advice on buying a semi-dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont agree with the above statement.
I got a very decent semi dry by Seacsub and the difference was significant compared to the price of a dry suit made by the same company (about 200 EURO - approx 270 USD).
The reason I am mentioning Seacsub is because I think its a more than decent semi dry, and the only one I have tried and speak of.

I see that you are located in Barcelona, Spain.

Checkout Casco Antiguo | Tienda Online De Buceo
( I bought several things from them and I am very happy with their service and ESPECIALLY with their prices). They even have a local store in Barcelona (they advertise 2 shops in Barcelona).

They have semi dry suits starting from 520 (EUR not a major brand) then 670 for a Scubapro and then 765 for Ndiver dry suit.
Casco Antiguo | Tienda Online De Buceo

Or you can opt for the semi dry suits offered for:
Casco Antiguo | Tienda Online De Buceo

Non major brand for 210
Cressi 270
SP Nova Scotia 6.5 for 359

My suggestion is visit this shop online and if you find something you like then compare it with other online stores to see if there is a difference in price.

Also I would walk in to one of their stores and see if they have any new "old stock" suits that they might be willing to sell to you for low price in order to get rid of it.
Or they might even pick up the phone and ask the rest of their shops if they have anything that suits you.

Another plus is that you can actually go there and try it on before you buy it. Just call before hand and make sure they have in stock the suits that you want to try on.
Based on the store locator on their website they have 13 different physical locations.

Heck you might even make some friends or ask if you can dive with them on their next trip.

Just visit cascoantiguo and check out their prices.

You let us know how it went.

Regards,

Vangelis

You can get a Whites Fusion drysuit for around 640€.

Semi Dry can be very warm, and is going to have MUCH LESS DRAG than a Dry suit....meaning you can be much better than your Dry suit wearing buddy due to your needing to do less work...less exertion to swim at your buddies speed.

Wet suits slide through the water much better than most dry suits, certainly much better than DUI TLS 350 type tri lams....

Check this out https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.628059427250841.1073741887.143570335699755&type=3

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the great advice you've given me.

I loved hearing the different points of view, and it looks like I've got a little more research to do today.

When I come back from the supplier tomorrow, I'll let you know what I decided on :)

Thanks again for all your help!

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the great advice you've given me.

I loved hearing the different points of view, and it looks like I've got a little more research to do today.

When I come back from the supplier tomorrow, I'll let you know what I decided on :)

Thanks again for all your help!

So what happened after all?

You left us hanging :D:idk:

Back
Top Bottom