Dive boat operators face charges of illegally feeding sharks in state waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Obviously we are the most evolved at killing and i didn't say sharks were, I said they were one of the most evolved... Words matter. What animal (besides us because apparently i have to qualify) is better at what they do with the numbers to back it up? Even with all those sharks killed there sure seem to be a lot of them around... That in itself is a testament to their success. I'm not pro shark culling and my first reaction when being chased (happens a couple times a season at least) is not to kill it but when a shark crosses that line, if i feel he is going to bite me, he is f**king dead. I seriously challenge anyone who says they wouldn't do the same thing. How many sharks is your life worth to you?

People are not good for the planet, I'm not for mindless killing of any animal without thought given to consequences. I want to make it clear I'm not some shark fin soup eating supporter of anything that doesn't make sense to me. Feeding wild animals capable of killing people is one of them. How many people had to get hurt before the bear problem was fixed? Gator problem? How many people need to get **** on before you stop feeding the damn seagulls?

Do people die from shark bites a lot? No, but that doesn't mean they aren't getting bit! I have seen an increase in aggression, my dive buds have seen an increase in aggression, the common opinion on spearboard is the sharks are getting more aggressive. If all these guys (who see quadruple the sharks you avg bubble blowers see) think its a bad idea, I'm going to agree because i see the same thing happening in my pond.

My point was they are smart ass hell, anyone around them knows that so saying they cant connect the dots from diver to food seems laughable.

Oh, those were just state figures. Damn. Now I need to buy two lottery tickets to win. :D

Of course I'm living in Florida, so either way I'm a winner.

Do people die from shark bites a lot? No, but that doesn't mean they aren't getting bit!
What??? Last year NO Scuba diver in Florida waters was bitten. None, nada and squat. If you do the extrapolation, that means that they actually aren't getting bit.

I have seen an increase in aggression, my dive buds have seen an increase in aggression, the common opinion on spearboard is the sharks are getting more aggressive.
You've actually witnessed this happening in the Gulf? You can say unequivocally that the sharks there are more aggressive then they were ten years ago?

One of the most evolved predators on the planet and you guys are suggesting they don't "learn"? :confused:

Can anyone name a SINGLE animal that doesn't change its behavior when humans introduce easy food? I can prob name 10 off the top of my head that have/do change when ass hole people disregard common sense and feed them, can you name one that doesn't? Anyone?

My dog.

Who am I kidding, the damn dog knows what time it is, and sits next to his dinner bowl every day at 8 in the morning and 5 o'clock at night.

I just want to say, I have enjoyed reading this thread, it has provided some entertainment for me at work haha. I will continue to dive with Randy on his shark dives, which he does conduct three miles offshore. I actually double dipped with Randy this past weekend. Had a blast, look what you're missing out on...

[video=youtube;h8qwvKVdvFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8qwvKVdvFw[/video]

Oh, those were just state figures. Damn. Now I need to buy two lottery tickets to win. :D

Of course I'm living in Florida, so either way I'm a winner.
It's why I live in Key Largo. :D

BTW, there were only 6 lottery winners last year in Florida and 23 shark bites. I'll let you figure out that math, but it's line with my thinking that the lottery is a tax on people who have poor math skills.

I still want to see a fight in a parking lot. Cajun food for the winner.

I just want to say, I have enjoyed reading this thread, it has provided some entertainment for me at work haha. I will continue to dive with Randy on his shark dives, which he does conduct three miles offshore. I actually double dipped with Randy this past weekend. Had a blast, look what you're missing out on...

That's one finicky and docile tiger shark

Is that a tag on the shark?

That's one finicky and docile tiger shark
They barely got out of there alive. Oh the drama!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom