Apeks regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: I ended up getting an xtx50/Ds4 Din and the egress octo :banana:

The Egress is the only Apeks reg I wouldn't have on my kit, and I wouldn't be too happy if I had to use one in an emergency. Better than nothing, but I would have got an XTX40 octo.

I use a mixture of TX/ATX 40/50/200 for all my diving, UK and warm water.

What is the primary difference between ATX at XTX? I have and love an XTX200/40 with an FSR for singles, and looking to do dual DS4's with XTX50's for doubles. It's been a while since I reviewed the Apeks features matrix.

What is the primary difference between ATX at XTX? I have and love an XTX200/40 with an FSR for singles, and looking to do dual DS4's with XTX50's for doubles. It's been a while since I reviewed the Apeks features matrix.

XTX has user changeable exhaust tees (narrow/wide), ability to feed hose from left and right, different faceplate, £50 extra.

I have an ATX200/ATX50 and FSR for singles and a TX50/ATX50 on DSTs with 5th port conversion for twins. Also have a couple of ATX40/DS4s for stage regs. I'm a bit of an Apeks fan.

Ok. I see a lot of DS4 sets for stages. Is there a reason? Seems to be a great doubles 1st, too.

rather cheap, reliable, environmentally sealed, easy breathing (low WOB), service available worldwide, hose routing possibly better than with FSR

Ok. I see a lot of DS4 sets for stages. Is there a reason? Seems to be a great doubles 1st, too.

DS4s are great first stages. Easy to service and extremely reliable. I believe they used to be the "defacto" reg for a lot of DIR people. A lot of people use them for twinsets, the hose routing is ok. I think Apeks Tek3 first stages provide better routing but at a much higher cost. For stages I prefer Apeks DST (basically a DS4 with swivel).

I was also considering tec3's. Of course, with the risk of setting off the DIR crowd, I was also planning on using a suunto wireless transmitter with my inbound D9.

On both the DS4 and Tec3's, is there room for a transmitter on the post opposite my SPG?

If you use the Tec3 the transmitter will point downwards, not sure whether that impairs connectivity

That's interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I figured with the DS4's I could just angle it to favor the HP side. Tec3's are all downward facing.

This will be my first wireless experience, so I'm not sure how much that will impair signal to my left wrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom