leaking inner bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a different brand bladder and swore not to buy dive rite again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity are you sworn off of DR because of service or because you had two defective wings? Cheers

---------- Post added March 19th, 2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

Correction, 1 hr n it is deflated.

I think is due to the power inflator that is pulling the elbow exhaust.

Thats easy enough to check, inflate the wing and submerge pull dump end in the sink and look for bubbles.

Thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity are you sworn off of DR because of service or because you had two defective wings? Cheers

---------- Post added March 19th, 2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

Thats easy enough to check, inflate the wing and submerge pull dump end in the sink and look for bubbles.

Gave up. Will try it at the pool to check.

I removed out the whole bladder from the xt wing and found out there is a micro leak at the base of the bladder. Had emailed DGE n see what they would reply during the weekdays.

That's good you've solved the mystery. DGX are very good to deal with I've no doubt it will be sorted very quickly. Keep us posted.

1st bladder I got, the armoured layer wasn't sewn properly, 2nd one which is this, I brought to Bali there was a leak n can't find the leak, after inflated, it did not leak after drying. This yr when I placed the BCD for drying, I see the leak. So I remove the bladder out n checked for a few days and finally found out the leak!!! :D

Hope this will not happen again.

Back
Top Bottom