Is it possible to exhibit signs of skin DCS during the working portion of a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were you too busy for the YouTube presentation as well? I joke I joke. Just struck me funny Wookie sorry. :)

Were you too busy for the YouTube presentation as well? I joke I joke. Just struck me funny Wookie sorry. :)

That's OK, I hate being lectured without being able to ask questions. I'll probably knuckle down and watch it tonight, because I really think we should understand what is helping to keep us from being bent.

Wow. That's not very conservative at all, not as conservative as the factory setting. I dive at 35/70 since seeing Dr. Pollock's research conducted here on the Spree. I admit that I don't fully (or even barely) understand gradient factors. Add helium has a lecture series, but they haven't seen fit to offer it in Key West, and I was busy the day they offered it in Key Largo. It is available online on YouTube.

Actually the algorithm is pretty much identical to that of my back up computer the Nitek Duo. I get out of the water at the same time but the 20/80 gives me deeper stops and the Duo gives me longer shallow stops.

Actually the algorithm is pretty much identical to that of my back up computer the Nitek Duo. I get out of the water at the same time but the 20/80 gives me deeper stops and the Duo gives me longer shallow stops.

It also very closely matches the VPM-B algorithm with no conservation thrown in, which (from the v-planner website) is for navy seals and hairy chested deep sea divers.

Isn't the factory setting 30/85 ?

Sounds like a great dive. Good to see I'm not the only one that doesn't like scooters ! :D

30/70

It also very closely matches the VPM-B algorithm with no conservation thrown in, which (from the v-planner website) is for navy seals and hairy chested deep sea divers.

I will try the 30/70 to see how much difference it makes. I'm definitely not a navy seal and I don't have a hairy chest. :)

I have also been having issues with skinbends. Last Sat. (3/8) I did a long swim at Jackson Blue, RT of 150min including deco. Actual dive time of about 120min. Swam back to around 3200ft turning at 75min and took my time on my way out.
This was my 15th dive over 9 days. Diving Ginnie, Peacock and JB. Had skin bends early on in the week at Ginnie but nothing again until my last dive. Most of the dives are 90min plus and I'm on a rebreather with a setpoint of 1.3
My GF was 30/80 but lower to 30/75 seems not good enough and will try 30/70. Being older (64) and a bit over weight doesn't help.
I've had the same problem on deep trimix dives. Need to find work-arounds to resolve the problem.
Seeing as TracyN's problem and mine happened at Marianna, maybe its something in the water :D

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom