I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to cover the entire dining room table with cardboard and not clank, any parts together, to prevent the babbling...

wow, she actually let you clean them inside? I was expecting you would be forced to use the shed.... :wink:

Another question for the Froglube guru. I pulled my BCG out of my AR, disassembled it, ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner a few cycles to degrease and remove old oil, then scrubbed with the lube. Then coated all surfaces with lube and put in oven @ 250 for about half an hour. After pulling them out they were still wet. I wiped with a rag and reassembled.

Should I have skipped the wiping down and reassembled with parts still wet with the lube or should it be wiped and parts looking dry? If needing to be wet do I have to reheat or can I just apply some more lube, either the paste or liquid? Should it be a just barely damp wet or dripping? Everything I know about firearms tells me that dripping is bad.

Oh, and the wife made those certain noises, both over the smell,(seems she does not care for mint/ben gay) as well as the use of her oven for cookin gun parts. Next time I will dig the heat gun from the garage, as if this stuff works as advertised I will be converting all my guns to Froggies, and that will be a very long tedious chore.......

wow, she actually let you clean them inside? I was expecting you would be forced to use the shed.... :wink:
there isn't much room in the shed, as you saw. that and I cleaned it because she shot it . . .

Told her we needed to order 500 rounds of ammo tonight. I got a look of W-T-F.

I am going to order tomorrow. . .

when you coming down to shot?

Do you shoot at a range John, or do you have access to private land? So much more fun on private land, don't get me wrong when I need a quick session of recoil therapy the new indoor range they just opened within 8 mins of my house gets the nod, but punchin paper can get kinda dull.

there isn't much room in the shed, as you saw. that and I cleaned it because she shot it . . .

Told her we needed to order 500 rounds of ammo tonight. I got a look of W-T-F.

I am going to order tomorrow. . .

when you coming down to shot?

:rofl3: only 500 rounds?

I'll be down sometime.... Only hard thing will be deciding to pack my dive gear or guns.... At least between all of you down there, I could probably borrow as much gear or shoot as much as I wanted :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question for the Froglube guru. I pulled my BCG out of my AR, disassembled it, ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner a few cycles to degrease and remove old oil, then scrubbed with the lube. Then coated all surfaces with lube and put in oven @ 250 for about half an hour. After pulling them out they were still wet. I wiped with a rag and reassembled.

Should I have skipped the wiping down and reassembled with parts still wet with the lube or should it be wiped and parts looking dry? If needing to be wet do I have to reheat or can I just apply some more lube, either the paste or liquid? Should it be a just barely damp wet or dripping? Everything I know about firearms tells me that dripping is bad.

Oh, and the wife made those certain noises, both over the smell,(seems she does not care for mint/ben gay) as well as the use of her oven for cookin gun parts. Next time I will dig the heat gun from the garage, as if this stuff works as advertised I will be converting all my guns to Froggies, and that will be a very long tedious chore.......

The directions indicate wipe. Dripping is not necessarily bad in an AR.

Once you start shooting the BCG should appear slick as it heats, some liquid can be applied while shooting.

I am far from the guru

500 rounds? Hope you already have a stash and are only planning on keeping inventory even.:D

Yeah, that is what I read but had noticed you saying you like to run an AR wet so did not know if it applied to the Frog or normal lube. I have always been told dripping attracts dirt ect. and is not good. Of course I am mostly self taught with some "hillbilly learnins" tossed in.

It does appear somewhat smoother, although it could be I WANT it to appear smoother and there is really no diff. Guess I will give it a couple squirts of the liquid before firing and see how it works out.

Oh, and I thought you were aware, LB and I got together and appointed you the Great Exalted Grand Poobah Guru of Froglube for the Pub. It usually comes with a hat but we did not think it would go well with the ears so did not order it.

500 rounds is a good start for a range session.

I had to cover the entire dining room table with cardboard and not clank, any parts together, to prevent the babbling...

You never heard of duct tape?

---------- Post added March 11th, 2014 at 07:56 PM ----------

Nice to see the thread is moving along. The way they say gun ownership is dropping every month, you'd think there'd be no one left to post here.

OMG, THE HOCKEYNUT has returned!

It's about time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom