Moving to albuquerque NM and looking for places to dive and people to dive with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DD

It is going to be a big change. Right now I just back up the truck, load up and drive 15 min to 1.5 hrs and go diving and back to the house. If I am board I can be at the beach in 10 min and wet. To dive it is going to be expensive and time consuming process. Hell the most I spend each month is a tank of gas and refills for my tanks...... Guess my doubles are going to get dusty......

Having moved east in 2000 i may not have the updated version but we used to dive elephant butte lake alot. The "mecca" in lea lake by roswell was a nice afternoon dive. Navajo lake should be good but cold.

there are several groups of TECH divers in NM-CO that dive in New Mexico. Act nice and you might get invited to do Rock Lake.

Blue Hole is used for certifying divers as well as tech divers to practice skills. Check out my photos and videos: BLUE HOLE Photos

We have not been going over as often as previous years.... probably going to start visiting again soon.

[vimeo]16897024[/vimeo]

[vimeo]38392116[/vimeo]

Lots of tech divers go there, even though it isn't that deep.... great place to practice.

I don't have any Rock Lake videos but some of the tech divers here have plenty to share.

robin

Robin

Hope to meet some new divers when I get there. Is this enough of a nice face to get into the club:D

Robin

Hope to meet some new divers when I get there. Is this enough of a nice face to get into the club:D

I hope you are kidding.

What I mean is you will need to show up over at Blue Hole with your Tech gear, do some dives, and talk to the other divers. They are not going to give you access to a 250' deep lake on private property sight unseen. They need to meet you and observe your skills before they will invite you.

I think perhaps he means when he get's "there" to NM :)

---------- Post added March 7th, 2014 at 07:57 AM ----------

I hope you are kidding.

What I mean is you will need to show up over at Blue Hole with your Tech gear, do some dives, and talk to the other divers. They are not going to give you access to a 250' deep lake on private property sight unseen. They need to meet you and observe your skills before they will invite you.
But yes, and also If he's interested in getting into tech there's a process for that also.
And as far as the "rocky mountain oysters" (former name of this forum) all are welcome. Let us know when you get to town and we'll try and sync up.

I hope you are kidding.

Yes I was kidding......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom