Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be in the area on March 18th and 19th. Would like to dive BHB. I would consider myself a beginner and would love to have a private guide. Any suggestions, ideas, etc? Thanks in advance.

Vis was 30 or so feet, 75 degrees according to my computer.

Hard to find, harder to take pictures of!
D3031451.jpg

One thousand thank you's to Jenny for letting me tag along. We both agree that divers make the best friends and acquaintances! It has been a great community to me since the early 70's.

I will be in the area on March 18th and 19th. Would like to dive BHB. I would consider myself a beginner and would love to have a private guide. Any suggestions, ideas, etc? Thanks in advance.

Oh, Jenny!

Bob, Jenny, my gang dove the East side today. In a word..... awesome.. 40' clear blue viz, light current, no compass needed, FROGFISH, 2 nudis, 2 seahorses, stargazer, batfish, neck crab, lobsters, and the list goes on. Best winter dive in a long time. 2+ hours for me and my best dive buddy Joanne R. Jenny we looked for you after the dive so we could share intel. Then a long great lunch with the gang of trolls with head troll Jeff from Force E. A perfect day. Ready to go again on Thursday.

Hello all!

First post, as a new diver, love the board and especially this thread since I also live in PB County and have dived the BHB and look forward to doing more after my post certification hiatus.

I would also like to add a safety note since I travel by the BHB on my boat on a regular basis. As a newbie, I realize the navigation and situational awareness problems of new divers, but today I saw one of the more dangerous moves.

At 10:30 am I was heading out to fish. It was a great day and plenty of divers at high tide as noted above. There were divers with a flag on the SOUTH side of the narrow boat channel, directly off the entry beach on a line extending between the two unmasted resident sailboats, on a south-southwest line from the lifeguard shack. I slowed as much as I could and was able to see the bottom very well in the clear water as I hugged the north side of the channel heading heading east.

Before I passed the divers, they started swimming north and ended up less than 10' from under my boat. I did pull it completely out of gear and coasted clear. There were 3 divers.

Mistakes happen, but this isn't the area to wander into a boat channel. Visibility from my center console is very good and I am diver aware. The large SeaRay with salt encrusted windows might be a different story, especially if the driver isn't aware and probably talking to his boat guests with a scotch in hand.

This also isn't the first time for for. Another time I found bubbles in the center channel along with a dive flag bumping along hidden in the side pilings.

Be careful out there, see you guys soon.

Bob, Jenny, my gang dove the East side today. In a word..... awesome.. 40' clear blue viz, light current, no compass needed, FROGFISH, 2 nudis, 2 seahorses, stargazer, batfish, neck crab, lobsters, and the list goes on. Best winter dive in a long time. 2+ hours for me and my best dive buddy Joanne R. Jenny we looked for you after the dive so we could share intel. Then a long great lunch with the gang of trolls with head troll Jeff from Force E. A perfect day. Ready to go again on Thursday.

So Jim's got me thinking that your frog fish was the one I saw Friday night. It's the same area and though mermaid0sea doesn't think it was one, the striated frog fish is the closest description of the fish I can find.

Hello all!

First post, as a new diver, love the board and especially this thread since I also live in PB County and have dived the BHB and look forward to doing more after my post certification hiatus.

I would also like to add a safety note since I travel by the BHB on my boat on a regular basis. As a newbie, I realize the navigation and situational awareness problems of new divers, but today I saw one of the more dangerous moves.

At 10:30 am I was heading out to fish. It was a great day and plenty of divers at high tide as noted above. There were divers with a flag on the SOUTH side of the narrow boat channel, directly off the entry beach on a line extending between the two unmasted resident sailboats, on a south-southwest line from the lifeguard shack. I slowed as much as I could and was able to see the bottom very well in the clear water as I hugged the north side of the channel heading heading east.

Before I passed the divers, they started swimming north and ended up less than 10' from under my boat. I did pull it completely out of gear and coasted clear. There were 3 divers.

Mistakes happen, but this isn't the area to wander into a boat channel. Visibility from my center console is very good and I am diver aware. The large SeaRay with salt encrusted windows might be a different story, especially if the driver isn't aware and probably talking to his boat guests with a scotch in hand.

This also isn't the first time for for. Another time I found bubbles in the center channel along with a dive flag bumping along hidden in the side pilings.

Be careful out there, see you guys soon.

Thank you for caring enough to post this & for gently guiding your boat away from the misguided divers as best you could given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom