dive clubs/buddies wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi i have not long arrived in australia from sunny scotland and i am looking for local dive clubs/buddies around where i am staying. (victoria point) I have looked on google and the nearest store to me is in Waverley.
After taking a trip around the bay I think I must be missing something as there looks like loads of interesting places to explore but I can't find anyone in the local area.

I used to dive regularly in Scotland with friends and trained SSI advanced level. Granted my equipment is better suited to 7degrees than 27 but that's easy fixed.

Any help with getting me back in the water would be greatly appreciated.

Hey mate. Im from the brisbane area and am readily available for dives if you ever need a buddy. There isnt a whole lot of shire diving spots near brisbane (goldcoast is the closest) but it wouldn't hurt to try find some local gems!
Theres a few dive shops in brisbane (godive, divedivedive, adreno) who have active divers and organise trips and also a few clubs around (unidive and uwrg). Best bet is it google clubs and shops.
Pm me if youd like to organise a dive. Im free next weekend! :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Divebuddy.com seems to be a bit dated for the queensland area....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ally, Mike.D and I often dive at the Gold Coast seaway. That is the closest shore dive and is usually quite good. Further down is the Tweed river. Scuba world and sunreef up at Mooloolaba both run good trips to the HMAS Brisbane, and Sundive are awesome at Byron Bay. Go dive run trips each week to the site off North Strasbroke.

well cheers for the advice. I think i'll have to suck it up and go visit my distant local dive shop and at least fill my tank. Once i know my gear is good to go i'll let you know. maybe catch up for sone local info. cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom