Diving in Peniche, Portugal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerry_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

last summer when I was in Portugal I was diving in the surroundings of Peniche, which is the most western point of continental Europe.

I did so with the diving center of ACUA Sub OESTE (Avenida do Porto de Pesca, 2520 Peniche, Portugal / Latitude : 39.356164 | Longitude : -9.376971) and had a very good experience both with the center, the owner, his ship and the dives.

Just wanted to share this with you, if ever you get to dive in Peniche or Berlengas (which is a small island west of Peniche)

Never dived with them, but I agree, it's a really nice area! Definitely one of the best.

what kind of dives can be done ?
what can be seen ?

easy, difficult ,heavy, deep, shallow ?

You can have whatever you want! :)
There are small shallow easy dives (scenic and small wreck), there are dives with more current and surge (usually these have more fish), there are deep dives (both scenic in some nice seamounts with nice walls - from 30 to 80m maybe - and wrecks - 50, 60m bottom), there's a cave (wide tunnel at around 30m).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom