NAUI ice diving standards - questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Japsea

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Sorry for bad english - this Google translator.
Who knows standards NAUI ice diving?
When under the ice are two divers - each diver must have a signal line, or as in PADI - one for two?
"All divers must be equipped with a minimum of two wholly redundant cylinders, with a minimum of 80 cubic feet (2265 liters) for primary cylinder and 19 cubic feet (538 liters) for "bailout bottle."
The main cylinder 80 cubic feet - he should have V-valve or H-valve and two regulators? Or sufficient one regulator on the primary cylinder and one regulator on the bailout bottle?
What is the minimum thickness of the ice?

I dive under the ice for 10 years. I'm interested in NAUI standards.

NAUI standards are variable.

I took my ice diving course from TeamLGS. We had to work hard for it. Got an ice diving certification that was good for 2 years. At the end of class, 15$ US also got us either a NAUI or PADI certification that was good forever. Either agency's standards were exceeded.

As far as I know, NAUI does not have an Ice Diver book. I do believe that NAUI requires tethered diving. You need to find and talk to a NAUI instructor in your area to get your questions answered. I know for a fact that it is possible to get an ice diver certification without ever going under ice. Some instructors will pass you on performance and water temperature.

Lowviz, thank you!
Unfortunately in our region NAUY no instructor who can answer these questions. I have standards for ice diving PADI, CMAS, NLD. I would like to know what is the difference NAUI standards.

I read that as Maui ice diving standards and thought "what the hell is this person smoking"... thanks for the laugh.

I for sure would love to try Maui ice diving :D.

In your drink?

Is NAUI still using Lee Sommers' book? Back in the 70's I was teaching Ice Diving under the YMCA banner, using this book because it was the only ice diving manual available. It was hopelessly out of date at that time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom