aqua lung D/A "Aqua Master" double hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redsinthehead

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, been out of diving for awhile, hope I'm on the right forum, but I have a this double hose regulator, not prettiest condition, but last time I tried it - it worked... does anyone know what its value might be? I have it just lying around and thought if someone could use it, I'd let it go....

Welcome to the board.
Condition means a lot, not so much the hoses or mouthpiece but the body- ie-dents and chrome condition. Also, it depends on which varient you have, round labels (70-72) models go for a little more...darned if I know why, I like the older ones better...and if you are really lucky it is one of the very last versions that had high pressure yokes. Based on recent ebay sales, which are all over the place, somewhere in the $80-120 range for most of them. A little more if it's a later model and another $50-75 if it's a heavy yoke....What you really should do with it is rebuild it and join the growing number of us who dive the old regs. All the parts (new updated modern versions- not old stock) you need to rebuild it are available at reasonable prices.

If you want to know more about it or to sell it to an indivigual who will give it a good home...and take it diving.. drop by www.vintagedoublehose.com

Thanx guys.. Herman, I was on here a few years ago as novizwhiz... I think... getting a little old for the diving I was doing, mostly shark teeth and old bottles down here in the swamps of South Carolina... remembered I had this thing and thought I might could find it a home... not trying to make a lot of money. Will give vintage a try... I did post 2 pictures, waiting on the mods to clear them I guess.

Thanx for the pix. Hate to be a pain, but if you get a chance could you take a close up of the label and post it up please so I can see the address and serial number, thanks a bunch.
What do you think you want for it?

E

address prob wouldn't show in photo..., kind of crusty.. looks like 3323 West Warner Avenue, Santa Ana, California, Ser # 256752

Not sure what it's worth... just looking to see what someone might be able tell me about it.

It's somewhere between 1966 and 69, closer to 69 due to the long yoke. You never know on ebay, there is the odd bidding war that goes crazy and the orphin that sells cheap but on average it should be in the $125+/- $25 range.

Double hose regulators seem to be going a bit cheaper now. I saw a latter model DA go for in the $80s (granted it was rough and the yoke looked funky) and a Mistral in the $60s (still bummed over not bidding on it). The hoses on the Mistral were shot and label was damaged but the chrome looked good as did the body.

Nice looking regulator. It looks to have held it's age well. I have S/N 254455 and it appears to be identical to yours. Same lang yoke, tire screw, etc... Your chrome looks awesome. With a bit of paint on the label and good cleaning, that reg could be made into a nice display piece. (or get some VDH parts if you're grandkids want to play in the pool.)

VHD also has an article about the DA Aqua Master that pretty much covers everything you'de ever want to know:

http://vintagedoublehose.com/vdh-manuals/da.pdf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom