Suspended Course Director

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the same way, it would be hard for Eric to defend himself against nameless anonymous accusers.

But at least some folks are putting up their reputation and name up, and stating clearly the problems they've seen with Eric's program.

Buiszie, since he can't defend himself without knowing more, why don't you tell us your situation clearly, so that Eric can have a chance to reply. I am certain he is reading these posts. You can defend yourself on SB, and so can Eric. Fair is fair, right? Who's got more of a reputation to uphold?

An anonymous accuser, or Eric. I am not his lawyer by no mean, but at least Eric is not plastering your name on SB.

th worst thing about this situation is, its his word against mine. and he is spreading bad things about me around. and i cant defend myself. ...is possible i want this person out of the dive industry.

I think you are describing Eric's situation very well. Except I don't know if he wants YOU out of the dive industry.

Tell us more about yourself, and I think SBers can be fair about who to believe.

the reason i took the email away, is that that i dont want that people think that i put fire on the situation. it happends to me and i will solve it my way. i only wanted to warn new people to dive with them.

if u want to hear my story, u can always email me

buis.sander@gmail.com

PADI IDC Staff Instructor 483592
SSI Div Con Instructor
EFR Instructor
DSAT Gasblender Nitrox/Dsat

Last edited:
Hmm, sounds like alot of dispute over verbal agreements. That's why I always want things in writing, even if it is on a paper napkins over lunch at Taco Bell - signed, and witnessed.

Still, your story has nothing to do with PADI quality assurance, breaking PADI standards, or PADI instructor issues.

Sorry to hear for your loss. That's why I am reluctant to recommend anyone doing professional courses outside of the US. If they screw you over, it is hard to hire an attorney, or go to small claims court.

Without a written agreement, you are out of luck, even in the US where consumer protection laws are much better than Mexico.

Thanks for posting your side of the story. I am sure Eric has his own side, but it likely will not restore his damaged reputation.

i wrote this, and what i wrote is true. i am not gonna say here what the real reason is why Eric doesn teach Padi anymore, but its not the reason he tells us.

Eric has today a new diveshop divepromexico.com. He has a partner Jujo de Matteo. They are all SSI instructors and Eric is SSI IT.

Dont believe what they are saying and keep ur money in ur pocket. When they have it they keep it.. Whatever u do. If u have some problems go to the police tell them ur story and let them give u a signed paper. U have prove of ur story, note the name and telephone number of the policeagent so u can call him afterwards when someting happend.

Dont believe all the prices he tells u about the coures, most of them are extremely expensive, and the prices changes by his mood, mostly more expensive.

He doesnt have a boat or pool, he is renting this by another diveshop. What he has is only an office.
He is not allowed to promote and teach padi coures and materials. So if u see that u can report him.

i am not writing the bad things about him, cuz he knows my opinion about him. Iam only warning u, the new customers.

Have you brought this situation to the attention of SSI?
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ssi-scuba-schools-international/

Continuing this discussion on a public forum, without notifying the appropriate authority is not in the best interests of this industry.

Rumors can't be substantiated. Problems need to be dealt with by those who have been wronged. If you're unwilling to address a situation, but you want to fuel the fire, then you have no business claiming to be a professional.

i have send it to PADI, SSI, DAN, IANTD, TDI 3 weeks ago. the emails betwween eric and myself. most i have to translate cuz they were in dutch...

it are no rumours, it are my own experiences. i have seen how eric take money of people, never gives it bck and promote idcs when he was suspended/explled from padi. so dont say i am spreading rumours.
i am not been for nothng to the cancun police and dutch consulate. for my story u can contact me, if u have the same kind of story u can contact me. together we are stronger!

thats all what i want to say about this sitaution

sander buis

I am PADI Instructor since 1999 I am also Specialty Instructor and also non active Naui, I have over 5000 dives in several different dive locations. Eric and I had heard of each other and met but never were really close until this last week that I finished my SSI Instructor Crossover Training Course.
First of all I HAVE NOT EVEN PAID HIM!!!, I got a very good price, an AWESOME course and some equipment I bought from Eric and his partner for fair even better than fair prices. The course was excellent, very much fun, and I am upgrading to AOWinstructor and later DiveCon Instructor with SSI. I have an excellent relationship with PADI and called them before dealing with Eric due to the information posted on this thread and they really did not have anything bad to say about him other than miscommunication on administrative paperwork and authorizations on both of their parts,thats it, of course this is not official info that anyone may be able to get from them.
I trust Eric; having met several Course Directors and Instructor Examiners and a lot of old school Professionals that have the highest regard on him and his experience I know he is very good at what he does, I will be taking a Tech diving course in the next months with him.
I am not his lawyer or anything and I feel for the Instructor Candidate that got problems due to Eric and Padi's problems, he has every right to complain. I do not know the specifics about this and that is between them, I just wanted to have a chance to expose my experience with Eric, his shop and his partner that I recommend 1000%. There is really nothing to reply to this I do not defend anyone just post on my true experience. Thank you

Whoa! I know this is a really old post, but what happened to him? Anyone know where he is now? I took my IDC from him (which apparently was his last one). I hadn't heard anything about this. Was just gonna look him up since I will be in PDC...... Any info is appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom