Greetings from Montana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtcyclist

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just joined ScubaBaord today. I'm a male, 69 years young, been certified since 1987. Most of my diving has been on Bonaire and my wife and I are going back for our third trip there in a few weeks. I just ordered a 1mm full wetsuit yesterday and now read that the water has been colder than normal and people are talking about wearing 5mm suits. May have to send to 1mm suit back and take my 3mm suit instead. My wife and I are going get Nitrox certified prior to the trip. Other than the occasional trips that are either for diving or include diving, I'm an avid downhill skier, mountain biker, road cyclist, backpacker and flyfisher. We have a 23 year old son who's hoping to start medical school next fall and has been certified since he was 14. That's pretty much it. This looks like a great place and I expect to learn some things here.

Welcome to SB, neighbor. I have never dived a 1 mm. We do tend to be able to dive with a little less exposure protection since we live in the cold. I use a 2/3 for the tropics and dive dry in MT. I remember diving the cenotes and my native dive guide had out 15mm across his torso, three 5mm suits. I was still in my 2/3. Best wishes on a great trip to Bonaire.

Dennis

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

I hate being cold. Take more suit than you expect to need. :wink:

Hi and welcome. If you're interested in local diving let me know. There's a great spot near you! We have a pretty active (however small) local group.

Best,

Hunter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom