New BCD Dive light mount great for lobster diving, Free offer from Z Gear!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Z gear would like to offer 3 scuba board members a chance to receive a free 2014 BCD dive light mount (utility patent pending), for the purpose of providing a product review. This is the only BCD mount on the market that allows you to strap on a fully adjustable dive light mount. It is a perfect accessory for night dives such as lobster diving.
You can have 4 lights on your BCD if you want, all hands free and can easily adjust the angle when needed. Just watch this how to use video on this great mount by Z Gear. Z Gear - BCD GoPro/Dive Light Mounting System - Utility Patent Pending. - YouTube Also this video on how to shorten the mount to positon the Bcd dive light mount in other areas of the BCD. Z GEAR - BCD DIVE LIGHT MOUNT "How to Shorten" - Utility Patent Pending. - YouTube

We ask that those wanting to recieve their mount to please post a comment on how this product could help them and when they would be able to try the product out so that we can get an honest review.

Thank you for this offer!
I am a recent transplant to Florida and through the use of another forum, I met and bug hunt with a 2nd generation commercial guy that lives 1.5 miles from me. Yesterday we pulled 48 bugs out of Ft. pierce. We also hunt at night and Ft. pierce has some deep holes that this mount would also be useful for even during daytime hunts. I'm sure if he is impressed by it, the word will spread pretty quickly through commercial contacts. I moved to Florida on December 23rd and have logged 29 dives since then. In addition to hunting, I will be working on a dive boat in the very near future, I have been offered the position pending my professional certification. I have been taken under the wing of a very reputable scuba shop in my area and this mount will be seen by the staff and customers on the shops dives as well.
I have no problem giving honest reviews, and the feelings of others who see it as well. Bottom line: I can put it to immediate use and expose it to many people and dive with it in a multitude of situations. It could be a win win situation for both of us, let me know if we can help each other out.

Last edited:
Thats awsome!!! I will send out a dive BCD dive light mount to you right away. If you have a GoPro let me know and I can also send one out at the same time. Perhaps you can post some video of your dive using both mounts on your BCD. PM us your name and mailing address and we will ship out ASAP!!! Thanks for your participation.

I am a fanatic lobster hunter in Souther California and would love to try these mounts (go pro and light). For a while now I have been experimenting with a mask light just to get my hand free to work the hunting grounds. Running my gopro at the same time will be a great way to share my bug dives with friends on Facebook. I dive at least once to twice a week for bugs during lobster season.

Another great candidate. Of course I will send you a BCD dive light mount and our new 2014 BCD Go Pro mount right away!!! Thanks for your participation!!! Just PM us your name and mailing address.

Very interesting product! I did bug-hunting back in California and tried to come up with my own way to get a truly "hands free" light. I think the GoPro mount is also a cool idea. With the head strap the camera can easily get knocked off (I speak from experience!) and the chest strap gets in the way and you usually only get footage looking straight down.

I'm a working instructor out here on the Big Island of Hawai'i. Although my agency does not allow me, I could see this being a handy tool to video students underwater while the instructor has total focus on the class and access to both hands. I also like to do a lot of sidemount and tech diving. It's hard to film my GoPro when going through a restriction or when I'm on the trigger of my DPV at 275'. The GoPro mount would certainly come in handy for those situations!

If the offer still stands, my dive buddy (who is a NAUI Course Director) and I can definitely test and review the product in as many different ways as we can think of. I'm also a videographer by hobby, I can definitely send you guys back a video of our testing (plus it will be filmed in Hawai'i!). Thank you for the opportunity!

Very interesting idea. Using two, one for your video camera and the other for your light, you could set both to focus on the same area hands free. You would have to preset both it hit the same spot before getting in the water and you would need to position you body the proper distance away from the object so the focal point of each is hitting the same spot. This would be very useful shooting video at night and more useful for doing simple hull inspections where your body is always at arms length from the hull so your distance to the target is always a constant. Though with hull inspections it might be better to have the mounts attached to your back plate shooting over your shoulders. As for lobster diving I just duct tape a light to my arm but having a second hands free light would help.

Last edited:
I live in Key Largo, am a PADI instr, lobster dive and have several go pro cameras. I have a backplate system by DiveRite. Here's a video I shot with gopro. I would like to try the mount if you're still doing the program. I can do a video of the mounts being used underwater too.
Coral Nursery 10-22-13 on Vimeo

We appreciate your interest and comment on the products. We did send out the free mounts to those wanting to participate, but we are willing to give those scuba members above, who are interested in trying out the product a great discount. I will PM you guys the discount info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom