Caymans in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

genemoren

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be in the Caymans in April staying at the Colbalt Coast Resort, what are the water conditions in April?

I have a relative that stays in his condo on 7 mile quite often throughout the year. He has told me April is one of the nicest months to go to Cayman. I have been there around a dozen times or more in the month of April, it has always been nice weather and the conditions for diving have been great. Not that it is always perfect, you can get a cold front that comes through and it makes the north side rough but generally speaking it's a great time to visit and dive.
East side/April:

Northside/April:

South Sound/April:

West side/April:

I agree with caymaniac. I've almost always had good conditions in April and May on GC. Good chance of being able to dive the North Wall. You will like Cobalt Coast. You do need a vehicle as it is really out of the way location. Very good shore dive mini wall on site, and if it is rough, you can scoot around the point to Lighthouse pretty easily. If the weather is good, divetech offers a scuba safari trip by scooter from one to the other. Worth doing IMO.

When I was in the Caymans last month, the locals said that March & April were the best months to dive there. Seas calmer than in the winter and well before the rainy or hurricane season. Have a great time!

April is a typically a good month for diving weather but expect the possibility of wind and waves causing Divetech to move their boats from Cobalt to Lighthouse Pt or 7 mile Beach. When I dove with them in April 2012 conditions were too rough at Cobalt to shore dive or use their boats from that location. Shore diving at Lighthouse, Turtle reef and Eden were fine and the Divetech Boats worked out of 7 mile beach. Typically if rough on one side, other sides of the island calm and offer great diving

There is always a leeward side but IMO, the boat based wall diving is much better North, than West or South.
The shore diving at Cobalt, Turtle Reef and Lighthouse is similar. Miniwall and potential swim out to sloping main wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom