cold water gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pieper1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
im looking for advice on gloves for cold water 40f. im diving with a semi dry 8/7mm and im not too cold except my hands. I currently have a basic pair of 5mm I(I think) gloves. my lds suggested a pair of mits but im worried about limited use of my hands with not having all fingers. I want to be able to operate my camera, bc ect without problem. just wondering what people are using and how they like them. I have been wondering if there are dry gloves that will work with a semi dry suit??

Fourth Element's 5mm gloves are very warm, with glued seams. Only downside is that the tight fit that makes them so warm also makes them a complete pain to put on. I almost gave up and dove gloveless out of frustration the first time I put them on.

Fourth Element's 5mm gloves are very warm, with glued seams. Only downside is that the tight fit that makes them so warm also makes them a complete pain to put on. I almost gave up and dove gloveless out of frustration the first time I put them on.

A bit of AstroGlide greatly eases that procedure. Those gloves are so warm, they're worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's strange, because their 3mm gloves are very easy to get on, and the design seems to be the same for both. Wouldn't think an extra 2mm would make it so much more difficult, but who knows.

I don't know if you wear your gloves over or under your wetsuit sleeve, but will be easier to put them over for sure. No difference in warmth.

have you considered the scubapro easy don dry glove? I saw them at a product demo a couple of weeks ago but they just might be the thing for you. a bit pricey, but they may work well. Very easy to get on and off SCUBAPRO - EASY-DON

Last year I tried the Waterproof branded gloves (dive temps here are in the in the low to mid 40's under the thermocline). Easy to put on, and were pleasantly warm. I do like the Fourth Elements, but are really a PITA to put on, especially on dive #2 when wet..

your hands is just an indicator that your core is cold, you wont fix it with gloves you just need to warm up your core which means likely a drysuit or making shorter dives. 40f imho is too low for a wet suit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom