Dive video: Incredible weekend at Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After getting so used to great visibility, I don't know if I'll be able to get myself out of bed and go diving when spring and summer come back around. Hard to go from 50 ft of crystal blue water to 5 ft of pea soup.

Totally impressed with the visibility! Being the marine biologist and solo diver that I am, I do prefer seeing video of the critters instead of other divers... but to each their own. The interaction with the young harbor seal was cool.

OK -- gotta ask -- what quadcopter? Great video of course.

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts for the bunnies! They starred in a lot of dive videos and their legacy lives on :)

Totally impressed with the visibility! Being the marine biologist and solo diver that I am, I do prefer seeing video of the critters instead of other divers... but to each their own. The interaction with the young harbor seal was cool.

Heh, I'm fully aware that I have hundreds of videos prominently featuring the buttocks of other people :) I do tend to skew towards diver shots and landscapes than critters; in facat there was a huge male sheephead that didn't make the cut this time. I think it's a consequence of carrying a small camera without video lights or macro mode - it's easier to work with big subjects.

OK -- gotta ask -- what quadcopter? Great video of course.

It's your run of the mill DJI Phantom. I only had a single 5-minute flight this time, it really started to rain while I was up in the air and I had to bring it down pretty quickly. Still super fun, and pretty interesting to have the GoPro up 100ft in the air, and then 100ft under the water an hour later.

I often laugh and say the difference between DIR divers and other divers is that DIR divers only photograph one another, whereas other divers photograph fish.

You need to go back and pick up clips from old bunny films to end your videos. They just aren't the same without somebody munching carrot tops!

Maybe Team Bunny just needs to add clips of themselves munching on carrot tops, and hopping around :wink:

I often laugh and say the difference between DIR divers and other divers is that DIR divers only photograph one another, whereas other divers photograph fish.

And to expose myself as a walking stereotype, we then use the video to rib each other about trim and dangling gear! But we do so privately. Shhhh.... :)

Maybe Team Bunny just needs to add clips of themselves munching on carrot tops, and hopping around :wink:

Somehow I think that would come off as super-uncomfortable! Like that time I thought I wanted to see the Super Mario Bros. movie, but realized in the theater that I had made a huge mistake...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom