Looking for BHB buddy Friday 2/7 and Sun 2/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmurray719

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'll be visiting West Palm Beach Fr 2/7-Tu 2/11. I have AM charters booked a few days, but would definitely like to do BHB also. I'm an active cold water diver, with my last dives being here in MA earlier this month. High tide is 3:30 on Friday, and 5:20 on Sun. If anyone is planning to already be there and wouldn't mine a usually low maintenance tag along, or is interested in making a plan to be there, that would be fantastic. SB has never let me down in this regard before, I'm looking forward to meeting even more SB divers!

We plan to be there as well on the 7th as MrChen is taking half a day off and diving with another guy who, I think Tim; we and MRChen did a night dive with a few months ago.

Kmurry--I think you have the wrong times for hi tides. Use the Port of Palm Beach as the location as it's a short distance away--for tide estimates. I have 2:17pm on 2-7, and 4:18pm on Sunday 2-9-14. So on the Friday, you'd probably want to get in the water somewhere around 2:15 or maybe 2:45pm.:cool2:

We are hoping for 80 degrees and sunny--well 80 degree air anyway!!

We plan to be there as well on the 7th as MrChen is taking half a day off and diving with another guy who, I think Tim; we and MRChen did a night dive with a few months ago.

Kmurry--I think you have the wrong times for hi tides. Use the Port of Palm Beach as the location as it's a short distance away--for tide estimates. I have 2:17pm on 2-7, and 4:18pm on Sunday 2-9-14. So on the Friday, you'd probably want to get in the water somewhere around 2:15 or maybe 2:45pm.:cool2:

We are hoping for 80 degrees and sunny--well 80 degree air anyway!!

I used "West Palm Beach Canal" on the tide site I usually use because it was the only WPB option. But apparently not the right one :) I'm on a 10am charter that morning but would hopefully be able to make it for high tide after that.

Is that 10am a Scuba Club 1 tank dive trip? Pretty sure you would make it to BHB in that case.

Most of the dive shops in the area have yellow free tide tables sponsored by SeaTow. Online-- www.saltwatertides.com is good--there are many more including NOAA.

Is that 10am a Scuba Club 1 tank dive trip? Pretty sure you would make it to BHB in that case.

Most of the dive shops in the area have yellow free tide tables sponsored by SeaTow. Online-- www.saltwatertides.com is good--there are many more including NOAA.

No, two tanks with Pura Vida.

I use View Tide Charts | Massachusetts I checked again and there was an entry for Palm Beach that was correct. West Palm Beach canal apparently has different tides. User error for sure!

I may be up for a Friday dive. Would you be interested in a guide service?

Thanks, guys. I'm all set for Sun and Mon! Can't wait to see something more than just the hermit crabs and shrimp we have here in the winter!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom