Advice for 5 hour stopover in Mactan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jumpfrog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I get into Cebu at 8am, but don't fly out til 4pm. I know that many of the resorts offer day passes, but I can't figure out which ones have a nice snorkelling area (if there is such a place.). The boat trips to the islands look great, but the package trips would bring me back too late.

so, any tips for me? I would really like to spend those hours in the water...I have spent plenty of time hanging around Philippine airports and it is not fun.

Are there regular boats out to the marine sanctuaries, that I could take to get out and get back? Or any nice snorkelling spot on Mactan itself?

Hi there

i think that the Shqngri La hotel in Mactan has a marine scantuary where you can snorkel.

Cebu airport is not too bad though.

best fishes

Hi there

i think that the Shqngri La hotel in Mactan has a marine scantuary where you can snorkel.

Cebu airport is not too bad though.

best fishes

thanks for the tip...I looked at Scotty's adventure sports, that seems promising.

Cebu airport is ok, but for 8 hours it is a bit much!
jf

Any of the resorts on Mactan will be good for a few hours.

Shangri La
Crimson
Imperial Palace
Plantation Bay

Most offer a day pass from Php1500 - Php 2000 that includes the buffet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom