Jensen Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pixelator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi guys/girls

Recently moved to Jensen Beach.

My front yard is literally the Indian River Lagoon and the bridge going to Hutchinson Island. absolutely beautiful view for sure.

Thought there may be good diving in the lagoon but once I waded out I realized its only 3~5 feet deep and only 12~15 feet in the actual channel. Lagoon is full of Dolphins, Manatee's and birds everywhere.

Is there any beach diving local or close by? I have asked around and everyone says Jupiter, West Palm and all the normal spots I already know about, just looking for something closer to me.

Thanks,
Joe

bike ocean.jpg

Go to Deep Six Dive located next to Best Buy on US1--they used to have a list of local possible dives andSteve the manager has done several of them...........One we have done a few times is Pepper Park north of Ft Pierce on the ocean--it's a shore dive. Weather must be cooperative though. Kirk's Dive has recently moved into downtown Jensen and may know of something. If you have not tried the Blue Heron Bridge-do so now! It is 44 miles south on US1 in Riviera Beach. Force E has a shop down the street. Pura Vida is on Singer Island east of the bridge...........The south end of Bathtub Beach is supposed to be pretty good but I've never been. I have snorkeled behind the reef there with the grandkids and it can be very good, again with the right weather and low tide.

Thanks Jim,

This area has some great shore diving- usually we need about a week of light winds for the water to clear up. Ive caught lobster in 4' of water at bathtub and swam with manatees and tarpon at the house of refuge. Here is the list of shore dive locals Jim was referring to.

http://www.deepsixintl.com/PDF/BeachDiveGuide.pdf

Currently, I sponsor a shore dive/snorkel session every Monday at the house of refuge to explore the Georges Valentine wreck that sits about 100 yards off the beach. of course, this is weather dependent. Call the house to sign up!

Steve Wood

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom