PADI E-Learning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snamos

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As a private instructor not affiliated with any dive shop, how does one go about getting money from PADI e-learning, and how much is the percentage of the course that the instructor gets?

I can only give you my experience as an instructor here in the USofA. When I have a private student, I log into the PADI Pro site buy the course and send them the "gift certificate" which has the PIN number. Eventually I get a check from PADI for $33 (?) per class.

I'm an independent PADI instructor. You have to buy an eLearning gift pass then provide the information to your student. When the student uses the certificate that you provided you get the credit from PADI. It has been a while since I have sold one but I think independent instructors get like $30 from PADI. That may have changed to a slightly higher amount. I don't know if it works the same where you are.

I really wish they would provide us with a link so the students could purchase the eLearning themselves and still give us credit. I'm sure I would sell a lot more that way, or at least I would promote it more.

But you still have to pay upfront, not just have student buy and provide your PADI #, correct?

But you still have to pay upfront, not just have student buy and provide your PADI #, correct?

Correct, you still have to pay for it up front. I've complained multiple times regarding the double standard towards independent instructors v. dive shops when it comes down to e-learning.

I end up asking for the deposit for the class + the cost of the e-learning gift certificate up front if the student insists on doing e-learning.

Back
Top Bottom