Wreck at Bear Lake UT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enduser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I hear their is a submerged boat off the shore at Cisco Beach but I have never been able to find it? Anyone have some cords / depth info on where it might be found?

Thanks
kg.

Look at the site in my signature
Utah Scuba Divers: Bear Lake
Weather or divers may have moved it deeper, it was in about 40 feet just as the slope begins to get steep.
If it has slid down the slope it will be in about 60-70 feet.

Thanks Scott. Maybe I have been looking to shallow, we went yesterday and couldn't seem to track it down. I was moving North South and back but was at around 25-30 feet on the wall. Next time I guess at least I know to look a bit deeper.

---------- Post added July 5th, 2013 at 11:07 PM ----------

By the way thanks for the website. I have used it in the past to find dive sites, and research info about new locales and especially appreciate the fact that it loads a mobile site with all the info.

I had used the info and cords from your site to even no their was a wreck at Cisco I just can't seem to translate it yet underwater. Next time I guess.

Thanks again.

I am slow. I was there over memorial day. seems like the boat was about 50-55 feet. just below the little shelter cave...

I just checked out the Utah Scuba diver's website, Bear Lake sounds like some fine diving and camping. I might have to make a road trip, what is the closest air fill station?

Is Flaming Gorge worth diving in summer?

"Close air fill" is a relative term as there really isnt anything in the Bear Lake area (that I am aware of) Blue Water Scuba in Logan is probably closest but is still an hour + away.

It is one of the better dive sites in Utah IMO lots of fish and interesting rock formations. We have shore dove at Cisco beach and dove one other spot from a boat that people call The Rock Pile and both have been great. Primitive camp or get a house/condo near by are both available.

I have dove the Gorge in a couple of different spots also and yes I would say it is worth it. Not quite as clear as Bear lake but a lot of different and unique spots are easily accessible without a boat.

Diving the wild west is often limited by access to air fills. My closest fill station is 2 hours drive from my home. When I dive in Canada it is an hour boat ride and over an hour car ride. I wont let that stop me.

Thanks for the info.

Years ago, we used to drift dive/snorkel the Green River below Flaming Gorge. It was always a cool dive because of the number of big trout we would see in amazingly clear water. I did deep diving, high altitude and S&R certs in the reservoir... never much cared for it, but that was just me. The river was much more fun.

-AZTinman

Tjack, your closest air fill is to give us a heads up when your coming so we can meet you for a dive and bring our compressor. that's easiest, sometimes if you pack the correct SCBA to SCUBA adapter you can convince a fire dept to top you off for a fee? But Bear Lake is only 2 hours for us, with any notice it can be planned easy enough

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom