Not able to install shearwater 2.3.6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rocha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all, I've been running an old version of Shearwater Desktop and trying to upgrade to the new version (2.3.6) without success. Every time I try run the installer I get the message:

This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance.

Is anybody else having this problem? I have a MacBook Air running OS X 10.7.5

Hi Luiz,

My name is Mark and I'm a software developer with Shearwater Research. The problem you are experiencing is an annoying one because of the strange error message, but fortunately it's easily fixed. You need to manually uninstall your older version of Shearwater Desktop before installing the new one. You can do this by dragging the old Shearwater Desktop folder to the trash and then emptying it.

This won't delete your old dives, but you should back up your database before you do this as a precaution anyway. You can back up your database by going to file->Backup Database... and then selecting a convenient location for the backup.

Note that you shouldn't normally have to go through all of this. This problem is a result of installing a new version over top of a very old version. Adobe tries to make sure that nefarious developers don't try to do nasty things by requiring that Adobe Air programs are signed with a digital certificate. These certificates have a limited life span. Your version of SW Desktop is using an older certificate than the new version, so Adobe thinks that the new version of SW Desktop is a different program trying to take over... so they disallow that.

Let me know how it goes.
Regards,

Mark Lee
Software Developer
Shearwater Research, Inc.

Another fine example of Shearwaters outstanding customer support.

Yes, I am an unpaid cheerleader for SW, get over it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom