Very disappointed with the Red Sea, good for honey moon divers !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thnx for posting, very interesting

After reading the previous posts, its great to share experiences, i personal believe that its a matter of taste. I'm not a Underwater photography profissional but i like to take my time and some times i can stay just in one place the entire dive trying to take that "picture" and personally and dont enjoy very much drift diving. Low visibility is not an issue for me also.

Well next time im going to try to tell the operator what im looking for so i can choose the right one for me.

I've seen hammerheads, longimanus, white tips, nurse sharks and even a whale shark in the Red Sea of the coast of Sharm And then some..dolphins, moray's, manta's etc
I'm a videographer so I spend a lot of time filming. My wife is my buddy and she is happy to watch out for me and navigate. We always do liveaboards and maybe that is different from day boats, but I do not recognise what TS has experienced. Most of the time the briefing goes like we want it: they tell us what is to be seen and what to expect, then the guide says: "Doe anyone wants to be guided? If not: the water is over there, enjoy"
And if you want to see what was to be seen see my channel on Youtube ( search for sphyrnidus)

I am a bit surprised by the "very few marine life", by the "less life" in Atlantic sites of Spain and Portugal. Maybe, the OP, although he went to areas with good reputation (I have been to Ras Mohamed and was impressed by the quantity and variety of fish: school of barracudas, wall of glassfish,lots of different butterfly fish, and even nudibranches), maybe did not dive at the good sites???

The OP also did not like the divers he was with. I find his critiscim a bit strange "they had a lot of dives but they dove PADI style, staying very close to each other???" If this was an issue for him, should he not have clarify this at the briefings?

And finally, going to the Red Sea for a honemoon??? Not my kind of romantic place !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom