Weather in Philippines right now ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tippytoes12

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This seems like a very petty concern compared with the suffering local people endured in the last few months , so apologies in advance.

I am due to head to the Philippines tomorrow and Have just foolishly looked at the weather forecast online. It looks terrible , particularly in Malapascua where I have booked 10 nights.

i am not asking any fellow boarders for a long term forecast , but wonder if anybody has any observations or comments or reassurance ? We were in Indonesia in December and it rained and rained for munch of the time. I am desperate for some sun. I am in Cambodia at the moment and have had wall to wall sunshine which has been amazing.

Many thanks in advance and best fishes to all xx

hi,
the weather now as of the moment is sunshine, nice weather. I'm diving this weekend in Anilao. the currents will be mild. or no current. I'ts half moon by Saturday.

Very many thanks for your prompt reply and have a great weekend diving.

Sadly the weather further south is looking a lot worse than it is in Anilao. the typhoon 2000 link is your best option for short to medium term forecasts, the link below should take you there.

:: Typhoon2000.com® :: The Philippines' First Website on Tropical Cyclones (Since 1997)

Based on the current report a small typhoon/tropical storm is could be arriving this weekend in the south of the country. They normally pass through pretty quickly so you may have bad conditions for a day or two but over the 10 days the weather should be fine!

t2kgraphsat.jpg

As Karl says, we're expecting a couple of days of wind and then it should clear up. Obviously no guarantees, but it would be unusually to lose any diving other than possibly a dive here or there. And the sun will certainly shine for the majority of the 10 days!

Thanks Matt and Karl , very reassuring and much appreciated. Wall to wall sun isn't necessary for a diving trip, but a bit os sun would be nice.

I am looking forward to seeing the new Craic House by the way.

Best fishes x

NE monsoon is in full swing (winds currently 35kts), occasional cloud and rain as is normal per this time of year. Algae bloom has started as well here.

earth wind map shows it off nicely.

Back
Top Bottom