creepy looking thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Found at Blue Heron Bridge, about 8" long, soft, when prodded didn't do anything. At first I thought it was a piece of material or something, but it looked to have a bulbous thing on the side like it ingested something..
1479503_10151864603873531_1197602337_n.jpg

Hey Jenny....Looks a whole lot similar an animal I saw off Ft Pierce about 2 years ago. I couldn't get my images to load to Scubaboard so if you could PM your email addy I'll send them to you. The research I've done on the creature is that it's common name is "Snot Worm" and get this...It's only found off the SW coast of Australia!

It look's like a Gould's Peanut Worm, but I can't be 100% There found on the East USA coast.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2014 at 10:04 PM ----------

Sipunculus Nudus will be my final answer, Gould's isn't even found in Florida. Sorry Anyhow, Peanut Worm retracted. Cheers

Thanks all! Looks like it's a peanut worm.

Gee - let's see - looks creapy, doesn't try to escape, so you poke it. Nice.Shows real respect for other living things.

I am a pretty inexperienced BHB diver, maybe 7 dives there. Every time I see a few critters who I have never met in my 500+ dives slightly to the east in the N Atlantic. My only mantis shrimp sighting was there. BHB is a really unique dive site. Oh, of course I have no idea what that critter is, but enjoyed others' IDs. I would have started searching somewhere in Sea Cucumber land.

Gee - let's see - looks creapy, doesn't try to escape, so you poke it. Nice.Shows real respect for other living things.
Really? That's your comment? Just so you know.. I didn't know whether it was alive or dead, or even an animal. That area just so happens to have a lot of garbage in the water. At first I thought it was a sleeve to a shirt or some panty hose..
thank you for jumping to conclusions.

Hello. We've never met.

Nothing personal, but if I found you underwater...looking creepy...and not trying to escape, I might give you a gentle prod, too....with no disrespect intended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom