Bullied under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what he did is "assault" and can be prosecuted.

i am not a lawyer, nor law enforcement, but i'm pretty sure it would be 'battery' for the physical altercation, 'assault' is the threat of doing it. the first altercation might just be battery, for the second and third altercation, it may be considered both.

Retaliation is prosecutable too...!!

Well, depending on the fear of the perceived level of "threat/assault" that may be occurring underwater, that retaliation could also be argued as "self defense". JS

Like I said I would refrain from underwater retaliation. Just too much of a chance for my liking. Up front and in the face on land. It might be worth 90 days in Jail, it aint worth life in prison. IJS

I don't advocate doing anything like tearing off his mask or throwing his gear overboard (sorry AfterDark (I'll keep it in mind to not piss you off)). The reality is he is probably not a favorite of the other divers and if you talk with the others about his conduct, he might be find himself voted off the boat...

If you want to play tricks, peeing in his mask, while an idea is kind humorous, it is kind of yuck. What I would recommend is to get a pair of gloves or boots that are a size smaller than what they have. when their back is turned swap out the gloves. When he has trouble getting his gloves on, ask to see his hands. As you look at them mention that swelling is a bad sign.... poor circulation.... Gee I wonder what could be causing that... maybe you should sit out the second dive... Let the DM know if you start to get any joint pain.... How are your feet?

It is really easy to play with someone's mind and planting ideas in their head. Just make sure the DM knows that it is a trick and not to call in for DCS and ask for a chopper.

That's just unacceptable behavior.

i am not a lawyer, nor law enforcement, but i'm pretty sure it would be 'battery' for the physical altercation, 'assault' is the threat of doing it. the first altercation might just be battery, for the second and third altercation, it may be considered both.

Depends upon jurisdiction and their definitions........some delineate, others don't .........neither a lawyer nor LEO........

Perry what's the charge for removing his mask and hiding it from him while underwater ?

When someone grabs you and you strike that person it is called self -defense not retaliation.

Once again, incredibly helpful advice from the Board. For the life of me, I cannot fathom why the federal government, in all its benevolence, has not turned to the Board for assistance in the resolution on The War on Terror, Social Security, and universal health care.
What the OP needs to do is shop this wonderful family story to A&E, The History Channel, maybe Oxygen, or another cable network into reality, or surreality, shows so "Big Island Dive Bully" can be brought to the screen. Just the raw posts here were riveting - my heart dropped a beat or two when her sister blocked her on Facebook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom