Pemuteran

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lofish

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning my trip next year, and wanted to check out Pemuteran. Any suggestions or advices are welcome!

I dived there and Menjangan Is in 2012 with Sea Rovers and found them friendly and professional. We stayed at the Adi Assri where the dive centre is located and it was nice, but I believe it has new owners since, so don't know if it is still the same. If you got in contact with Paul at Sea Rovers he would give you candid accommodation recommendations.

I dived there and Menjangan Is in 2012 with Sea Rovers and found them friendly and professional. We stayed at the Adi Assri where the dive centre is located and it was nice, but I believe it has new owners since, so don't know if it is still the same. If you got in contact with Paul at Sea Rovers he would give you candid accommodation recommendations.

+1 Excellent dive shop with fast boats (6-8 people max). IIRC they are the closest shop to Menjangan Island, so unless you like spending an hour on a cattle boat with 30 of your closest friends, close and short transit is a big deal (at least to me) We also stayed at Adi Assri and I would recommend it too. Don't pass up the chance to dive Secret Bay (muck dive). The shop will hook you up and get you there.

Thanks, guys.

Actually, i dived in SB and PJ a few times since 06 but havent had the chance to check out pemuteran.
Heard the jetty is nice and some muck diving spots around, which may worth to spend a few days.

We dove Menjangen island in April 2013 and stayed in Pemuteran. We used Kokak Divers (a locally run company) and found them to be good and very laid back. We only had one other diver with us and 2 divemasters, so crowding was not a problem. We had to drive with Kokak over to the marina area where they rent boats to go out for the day. The boat was slow, but we were in no hurry having just come from Komodo where we did many dives (and loved them all!). The coral was interesting around Menjangen but there weren't a lot of fish in general. There was also a lot of trash floating in the water in areas. Over our lunch break we hiked a bit on the island and also found lots of litter there. It is a shame as there are some beautiful sites. In Pemuteran we stayed at Tirta Sari bungalows. The place was a great value and had beautiful landscaping. The restaurant on site was just so-so. We used Whidi Kadek as our driver to get up to Pemuteran and to get back down to Ubud--we found his contact information on Tripadvisor. Driving on Bali was crazy and we were glad we hired a driver. The traffic jams near Denpasar will probably prevent us returning anytime soon.

Hope this helps--let me know if you need any more info!

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

I might also add that if you can get down to Komodo Nat'l park to dive, do it! A major airport expansion is in the works in Labuan Bajo, and I imagine once that opens they will start receiving more big flights which might make the area more crowded. We stayed at Komodo Island Resort on Sebayur Island and really enjoyed our stay. In the future I would probably skip Bali and go to Komodo and maybe venture around Flores island more. Bali was just a bit touristy for our tastes, although it was a unique place that was worth checking out and the people were lovely. The art around Ubud is also wonderful.

We stayed at Komodo Island Resort on Sebayur Island and really enjoyed our stay. In the future I would probably skip Bali and go to Komodo and maybe venture around Flores island more.
Any chance of a trip report about this place? It has been on my radar for a little while.

We just came back from R4 and Bali. We stayed at Amertha Bali Villas in Pemuteran and it was absolutely delightful. We dove Menjangen Island with Macro Bali Divers, the shop was directly next to Amertha. It was 2 of us and 4 snorklers, so we had the dive guide to ourselves. After coming from R4 I was not sure what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised. Just sorry we didn't have another day to dive there. We continued on to Tulamben where we stayed at Villa Alba, also very very nice place. The Liberty Wreck however, I found to be nothing special.

We dove several times in Bali with our favorite dive guide: Komang Lara. In our opinion he is one of the best (if not THE best) dive guides in Bali. He lives in the area around Permuteran and is to be contacted through Scuba Libre Bali. I just checked my pics form our last dive trip to Bali and we really saw almost everything you wish to see. All the times we dove with him, we were his only customers so everyday we discussed where we wanted to dive the next day and what we wanted to see and when we wanted to start. I prefer this to a fix dive schedule of a dive shop.

thanks so much for the info

Sea Rovers were very good for us Christmas 2012 and for my dive buddies this past Christmas 2013. If you are looking for a fantastic villa, try Villa Wilali, which is 3 minutes drive from Sea Rovers (they pick you up). The villa sleeps 8-10 so it's for families, so too much for a couple alone. It's a reasonable price, too and the to-order food is home-cooked on site; a concierge and car included ($70 to rent the car and driver for a full day anywhere in Bali).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom