New Indiana diver here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarDavis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just registered and wanted to introduce myself! I live down in Bloomington, Indiana so I'll be doing mostly cold water lake/quarry dives in the midwest. Got trained by my university - Indiana University. Training was partially by a very famous research diver by the name of Charles Beeker. So far, I'm only open water certified (Certified in October), but next semester, I am taking "advanced research diving" which will get me certified with Nitrox and as an adventure diver. We will be using full face masks with comm systems as well as research tools such as lift bags, DPV's, etc.

Any other Indiana divers out there?

I'm about 60 miles southwest of you in Washington, IN. I have worked with Mark at SIS for full face mask with communications and am working on my drysuit certification--great shop and I like working with them. I was certified with Fun Time Scuba in Brazil, IN and dive with a group that lives near Terre Haute. There are quite a few great dive spots within a few hour's drive and even a few within an hour or so. If you are ever looking to go diving, give me a shout.

Welcome to what is arguably the most addicting hobby/sport you will ever find!

Welcome to diving and the SCUBA Board!

Since time began it has been considered a necessity to be near your mother at birth therefore I was born in Indiana and I am considered a Hoosier, but have spent my life in Kalifornia.

SDM

Hi - There are a lot of indiana and ohio divers.

Check out the Great Lakes wrecking crew in the regional sections.

The best place to meet up with divers is facebook though.
Here are some facebook groups to join:
Great Lakes Wrecking Crew (Most active group in the great lakes and the quarries)
Travelling Divers and Liars (This is a group loosely affiliated with Divers Supply in Indy)
Indiana Scuba Divers
Ohio Quarry Divers

Also check out the Central Indiana Scuba Divers group on meetup.com - They dive once or twice a month and try to hit a variety of local sites.

Welcome. I would dive with you sometime, but I'm moving away.

If you are really adventurous there is a group doing their traditional New Years Day dive at Gilboa. You can meet up with them on the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew Facebook. I would be there but I have to get ready to move.

Those are great clubs 00wabbit. How about the Indy Dive Club (associated with the Divers Supply Indy. Facebook.com/indydiveclub. LOL

I moved to Florida in March of 2013 to dive, but I'm from Hagerstown, IN, which is about 20 min west of Richmond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom